Weekend Carrier Sales Representative 7/4/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AFN is looking for talented, driven, and successful people to join our fast-growing, award-winning, and fun-loving third-party logistics team. With AFN, you have the chance to take the wheel, and steer your career exactly where you want it to go. Challenge yourself. Come grow with us. Reap the rewards you deserve. Do you have what it takes* Now is the time to find out.
At AFN we hire the best of the best visionary thinkers; people continuously looking to reinvent the way they do business and seek out new, creative solutions. Our high-performance team is driven, empowered, innovative and packed with self-starters. We provide our employees with the necessary tools and freedom to build their own career paths and discover success.
AFN is committed to your personal success and offers the resources, programs and support needed to make it happen. We care about your professional growth and will help you achieve your goals. We offer a competitive base salary, aggressive incentive program and a comprehensive benefits package.
The primary responsibility of this role is to be the point person for off-peak coverage and issue resolution for the Carrier Sales department. This role will assist in coverage and team lead for each Sunday shift. You will be responsible for calling on leads and using the DAT for any potential bounces during the weekend. You will will also be responsible for Sunday through Thursday coverage, including tracking and tracing.
Some of the challenges you ll tackle:
* Develop and maintain carrier relationships
* Assist the Carrier Sales department with bounce recovery options
* Develop successful problem resolution skills by partnering with Customer Sales and Operations to understand each account s after hour policy for updating customers on coverage communication.
* Partner with after hours LC managers to assist with carrier issue resolution for off-peak board issues.
* Negotiate competitive rates with carrier through a deep understanding of the market
* Deliver world-class service to our carriers, customers and AFN teammates
* Understand and identify negative trends in carrier communication after hours, while also identifying opportunities for better communication from our carrier partners.
* Fulfill other duties as required
The tentative schedules (2 different shifts for 2 open positions) for this role are listed below: Sunday 8am--5pm
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2003, AFN is an award-winning, third-party logistics provider focused on supply chain solutions and transportation services throughout North America. Serving motor carriers, manufacturers and retailers, we are known for our commitment to client services, our proactive approach to fighting cargo theft and our expertise in retail compliance. We specialize in creating customized logistics solutions for our clients, including full truckload, LTL, intermodal, high-value shipping, expedited services and outsourced transportation.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.