Airframe & Power Plant Engineering Technician 7/4/2018
BayFirst Solutions LLC
Elizabeth City, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Status: Full-time/Non-exempt
Location: Elizabeth City, NC
US Citizenship: Yes
Clearance Required: USCG Suitability
BayFirst Solutions is seeking a HC-130H Airframe & Power Plant Engineering Technician III to support the USCG Aviation Logistics Center (ALC) Engineering Services Division (ESD) Long Range Surveillance (LRS) Product Line.
* Locate, monitor and evaluate other services and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) technical change directives within maintenance, engineering, and logistics disciplines for applicability to USCG aircraft or support systems for direct or indirect application to the applicable aircraft program and provide logically justified recommended action.
* Develop and write USCG Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) under minimal direction. Independently develop and write complex TCTOs including schematics, drawings, and figures.
* Demonstrate knowledge of the USCG Aircraft Configuration Control Board (ACCB) process.
* Develop and write USCG Maintenance Procedure Cards (MPCs) including schematics and figures.
* Submit USCG Aeronautical Publication Change Recommendations (CG-22) to correct or update MPCs and other publications.
* Write engineering specifications including schematics and figures for the express purpose of documenting approved depot level repairs and processes.
* Demonstrate knowledge of the USCG Supply Item Change Request (SICR) process, USCG ALC Form Fit Function process for prototyping efforts, and the USCG PDM/6000 routing tags and process to modify routing tags when changes are required.
* Read and interpret manufacturer and ALC blue prints and technical drawings and understand engineering specifications to resolve engineering technical questions.
* Demonstrate understanding of the ESD drawing approval process required to recommend approval or revision of ALC drawings as described by the Graphics Style Process Guide, CGTO PG-85-00-240-A.
* Work closely with the applicable ALC engineering cell to recommend which parts can be locally produced and which parts shall be sent to an outside vendor for manufacture.
* Work on complex engineering projects that require thorough research and coordination with engineering personnel.
* Demonstrate knowledge of USCG aeronautical engineering policy as outlined in Commandant Instruction Manual (CIM) 1320.1 (series) along with documented experience/knowledge of Technical Manual Application System (TMAPS), Asset Logistics Management Information System (ALMIS), Asset Maintenance Management Information System (AMMIS), SICR process, Asset Computerized Maintenance System (ACMS), Electronic Asset Logbook (EAL), Aviation Technical Information Management System (ATIMS), and Joint Deficiency Reporting System (JDRS).
* Research and analyze information provided in an aircraft s Significant Component History Report (SCHR) and ALMIS.
* Provide aircraft technical specifications and support to ALC aircraft ground servicing equipment product lines for purchase of new ground support equipment or troubleshooting aircraft/ground support equipment interface issues within applicable discipline.
* Track parts ordered for TCTO and implements into kits for delivery to field or depot facilities as directed by the applicable ALC engineering cell.
* Solve technical aircraft issues and the ability to make recommendations to engineering for repair or fabrication of aircraft parts or airframe repairs.
* Minimum fifteen (15) years of documented and demonstrated experience with HC-130H troubleshooting airframe and power plant systems to include: air-conditioning, equipment and furnishings, fire protection, flight controls, fuel, hydraulic power, ice and rain protection, landing gear, pneumatics, auxiliary power, engine, engine subsystem and propeller in accordance with aircraft maintenance manuals. Documentation of experience shall be provided along with a summary of completed projects.
* Minimum of eight (8) years working on T-56 engines and shall have demonstrated expertise with all aspects of engine maintenance and overhaul.
* Minimum five (5) years of documented and demonstrated experience developing HC-130H prototypes and implementing airframe and power plant modifications including hands-on implementation and technical data development (text, drawing schematic and diagrams). Documented experience provided shall give examples and instances of incorporation of information into HC-130H aircraft technical publications.
* Shall have documented and demonstrated proficiency with the USAF AFTO-22 web site and USCG aeronautical engineering policy as outlined in CIM 13020.1 (series) in addition to USCG ALC policies and procedures.
* Shall have documented and demonstrated ability to research and analyze information provided from a USCG aircraft s SCHR and ALMIS.
* Shall possess good writing and verbal communication skills in English. Shall have intermediate computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
* Demonstrated and documented ability to work independently.
High School Diploma
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Thank you for your interest in BayFirst Solutions LLC. If you are unable or limited in your ability to apply online, you can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources to express interest in a specific position: Phone: 202-567-2196.
Note: This option is available only to those needing an accommodation related to a disability. In order to express interest, you must have the information related to the specific position you are interested in (Job ID, Job title, Location, etc.). Information related to existing profiles or applications will not be provided via this phone number.
BayFirst Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. BayFirst Solutions prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected class.