Emergency Response Manager 7/6/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon has An exciting opportunity to enhance your career as an Emergency Response Manager, outsourced to Aon s client Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), a professional services and investment management firm headquartered in Chicago, IL. The position is integrated within of the risk management group reporting to JLL s Global Risk Manager.
This role will work across the JLL enterprise to coordinate the company s planning, management and response to major disasters in the Americas region. The Emergency Response Manager is accountable for the overall preparation, training and maintenance of JLL s emergency response program and associated documentation of such, to ensure timely, programmatic and flexible response to disasters that impact personnel, business continuity, and the services we provide to our clients. Specific emergency management work includes managing, and coordinating with business units and platform functional areas, the recovery efforts from intentional and/or unintentional crises, disasters, other humanitarian emergencies, hazards, or natural and manmade/technological incidents. This role will report to the Global Risk Manager
* Coordinate, develop, implement and maintain Emergency Response Program (EMP) playbooks and contingency plans
* Provide complex project leadership in the event of an emergency coordinating appropriate response teams (e.g. HSSE, HR, SCMP, Legal, Finance and Risk Management, Communications, etc.).
* Communicate and implement emergency response policies, procedures, plans and outcomes with each business unit and functional area, through playbooks, table top exercises, critical information management and training.
* Serve as liaison with external organizations to ensure JLL has visibility into incidents, external efforts and opportunities to leverage those efforts in support of JLL objectives
* Serve as liaison with internal departments, functional areas and business units to ensure JLL s Emergency Response Program is positioned in alignment with our culture, values and corporate strategy.
* Travel is required and may include periodic travel to disaster impacted areas to complete surveys/assessments and provide face-to-face support and leadership for humanitarian aid and other emergency response efforts.
* Bachelor Degree (Emergency Management, or related field)
* Knowledge of Disaster Management standards (ex. NFPA 1600) a plus
* Completion of FEMA s Professional Development Series is a plus
* 4+ years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Experience managing large scale response/recovery required
* Exceptional writing and communication skills
* Demonstrated focus on customer service and listening skills
* Strong project management skills, with proven ability to adhere to schedules and budgets in complicated projects
* Experience working in the professional services sector a plus
* Understanding of risk management/mitigation issues
* Strong utility player with proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships across internal business partners
* Demonstrated financial rigor, strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to:
* make decisions effectively with cross-functional team members and effectively manage the delivery of outcomes.
* conceptualize and articulate pragmatic/creative solutions to complex business challenges
* multitask in a fast-paced setting
* work independently, but in a team environment
* lead through influence rather than authority
* Experience working in a technology-driven environment
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.