Mechanical Engineer 7/6/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
EMCORE Corporation is a leading provider of advanced Mixed-Signal Optics products that provide the foundation for today s high-speed communication network infrastructures and leading-edge defense systems. Our optical chips, components, subsystems and systems enable broadband and wireless providers to continually enhance their network capacity, speed and coverage to advance the free flow of information that empowers the lives of millions of people daily. The Mixed-Signal Optics technology at the heart of our broadband transmission products is shared with our fiber optic gyros and military communications links to provide the aerospace and defense markets state-of-the-art systems that keep us safe in an increasingly unpredictable world. EMCORE s performance-leading optical components and systems serve a broad array of applications including cable television, fiber-to-the-premise networks, telecommunications, wireless infrastructure, satellite RF fiber links, navigation systems and military communications. EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability through its world-class Indium Phosphide (InP) wafer fabrication facility at our headquarters in Alhambra, California and is ISO 9001 certified in Alhambra, and at our facilities in Warminster, Pennsylvania and China. For more information, please visit www.emcore.com.
EMCORE Corporation has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design packaging for electronics and optics
* Design Die-Casting of metal parts.
* Managing vendors such as machine shops
* Communicate with production and vendors
* Capable of delivering technical documents, including Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), design specification, test report, BOM, work instruction, etc.
* Work with QA to inspect returned product
* BS/MS in mechanical engineering.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted.
* 5+ years of experience with design tools such as SolidWorks, preferably working on optical component and system design
* Proficient with FEA analysis with Cosmos or other packages.
* Work under loose supervision by senior management and peers
* Experience in optical communication and active optical components such as laser diode is preferred.
* Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment is required.
NOTE: Due to the nature of the products involved, candidates must be a US Person
EMCORE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.