Project Engineer - Integrated Systems (Contract) 7/6/2018
Hood River, OR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
Insitu, a non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production, and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate products and services that positively impact people s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create much more than products with wings. On a daily basis, our Vision and Mission guide us, while our cultural pillars Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care inform our decisions in all that we do, and aspire to do. Job Description
Establishes design concepts, criteria and coordinates multidiscipline engineering efforts, including
development, integration and test, for ongoing or routine projects. Performs engineering planning,
integration, verification and validation and evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability
and analyses. Develops and administers work breakdown structure (WBS) of projects. Creates
milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules; identifies project issues and
proposes solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Monitors
performance metrics. Prepares and presents outcomes, assessments and corrective action initiatives.
Identifies corrective actions to improve project or team performance. Coordinates activities of project
personnel. Submits project deliverables.
* Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
* Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
* Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions. Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
* Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results, reaching erroneous decisions or making recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
* Interacts frequently with inter-organizational personnel and external customers. Represents the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Mechanical, Electrical, Aero, RF or Optical Engineering background and experience
* Solidworks CAD modeling and fabrication design
* Electrical specifications and interfacing experience
* Being a critical thinker who approaches problems methodically
* Team player and solid contributor
* Exceptional oral/written communication skills for addressing both technical and non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated analytical skills with good problem solving capabilities
* Ability to consistently meet timelines and commitments
* Coordinate multidiscipline engineering efforts across our teams
* Planning and execution of project plan deliverables
* Manage Schedule, logistics and Procurements across multiple projects simultaneously
EDUCATION & EDUCATION
* Technical bachelor s degree and 5 or more years related work experience or a Master s degree with 3 or more years. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in mathematics, sciences or technologies.
Insitu is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans..
Additional Benefits9/80 work week (we close every other Friday)
Vancouver-->Bingen-->Hood River wifi enabled commuter bus
Dog friendly workplace -->