Supply Chain Manager 7/6/2018
Landscape Forms LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Philosophy
Each member of the Landscape Forms team is expected to actively support the four Scanlon principles: Equity, Participation, Identity and Competence. We believe these are crucial to the success of an individual and the overall success of the company.
This position has the responsibility to develop strategic and operating plans to support current forecasted business and projected growth; to communicate resource plans to gain consensus from Sales and Manufacturing that respond to current and expanding markets and to develop Logistics/Distribution systems that support the entire supply chain. A key element to this position is successful development and implementation of lean best practices at all levels that ensure best quality, delivery and cost within the entire supply chain; and support product development and product lifecycle management activities.
Principal Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Leadership and development of the Supply Chain functions and team.
2. Qualify, monitor and measure supplier manufacturing ability and performance. Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost, quality and on-time performance.
3. Provide direction for in-bound and out-bound logistics, material handling, buying and scheduling for multi-plant environment.
4. Manage activities between Sales, Production Planning, Manufacturing and distribution for:
1. Finished goods inventories; Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving. Accountable for the inventory strategy plan.
2. Production systems and line scheduling
3. Product development and Capital Appropriations
5. Initiation of Supply Chain Planning.
6. Implementation of Supply Chain Policies; implementation of new or improved supply chain processes that support LF product development processes and other processes.
7. Budget analysis related to capacity, production and inventory planning.
8. Establish and manage to forecast demand and/or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
Criteria for Success (OnTRAC; Organizational Success, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Competence)
The candidate must have a history of achievement with an emphasis on problem solving plus a history of progressive advancement in Supply Chain management or related business systems. Strong customer focus, superb interpersonal skills combined with strategic thinking is a must.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Business, Integrated Supply or other related Supply Chain programs. A CPISM or APICS certification and lean training is an advantage.
Experience: 10-15 years progressive experience in a combination of planning, logistics, production scheduling, inventory control and lean manufacturing. 5-10 years of direct management experience in a technical or analytical environment with demonstrated application of lean manufacturing practices.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The environment is mostly office but may include a shop environment that is noisy and dirty. Travel up to 25% both domestic and international is expected. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the principal accountabilities.
- Clothing / Uniform Allowance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance