Lead Software Developer 7/7/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT US
Welcome to SITA... We lead one of the most exciting and advanced industries on earth. Around the world, nearly every passenger flight relies on SITA technology, almost every airport and airline does business with us, and its our job to support their operations. As the world's leading air transport IT and communications specialist, were committed to meeting the demands of the air transport industry around the clock, every day.
OUR VISION: EASY AIR TRAVEL EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
With us there are no limits for people looking to explore the edges of possibility and beyond. Together, we Go.Far.
Our people take on some of the biggest challenges in our industry. They aren't afraid to think bigger, work harder and deliver smarter solutions that are continuously transforming air travel. Taking on these challenges opens a world of opportunities for our people. We make sure they have the chance to develop their skills, explore new horizons and grow their careers on a global scale.
* Competitive medical, dental, and vision plans
* 401(k) with company matching contributions
* Life and disability insurance
* Buddy pass stand-by travel on major airlines
* Incentive based wellness program
Note that these benefits can change and some of these benefits have conditions and may not apply to all employees
We are hiring a Lead Software Developer in our Atlanta, GA office (Cumberland/Vinings) to support the Air Transport Solutions group. As a Lead Software Developer, you will manage the technical design development and maintenance of applications and systems using existing and emerging technology platforms.
Business acumen, technical expertise, and leadership are 3 key elements needed for this role. The Lead Software Developer will be responsible for bridging the gap between the business group and the technical team. This hire will also act as a technical lead to guide less experience developers and offshore partner resources.
Initially, this role will be supporting a Windows desktop application project. The immediate need will be modernizing this application moving away from Microsoft MFC towards Microsoft WPF and XAML.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* 8 years of experience in a software engineering environment designing and developing software application features.
* 5 years of experience writing Windows desktop applications, using .Net, WPF, XAML, and MFC
* Solid knowledge of a mainstream Object Orientated languages including C and C#.
* Solid knowledge of Microsoft SMB and CIFS protocols
* Solid knowledge of continuous integration practices and experience creating automated pipelines for building and testing desktop applications
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft data security and encryption best practices, as it pertains to both desktop and cloud-hosted applications
* Formal training in agile and scrum methodology.
* Scrum Master Certification is highly preferred.
* Some knowledge of SOA: XML Web Services SOAP.
* Solid knowledge of IT security concepts and ability to use them while designing and developing code (focus on data at rest in Microsoft applications).
* Demonstrate the ability to apply application design concepts: object-oriented design patterns ASP.NET database development.
* Ability to develop detailed designs for or lead the design of small to medium systems or features in large applications.
* Ability to work well both independently or as a member of a team.
* Demonstrate solid understanding of ISO-9001 and ability to lead teams to embrace and apply underlying principles.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Masters degree preferred.
SITA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. SITA does not discriminate based on age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, age, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
SITA is committed to assuring equal employment opportunity and equal access to individuals with disabilities. SITA will provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability to enable such individual to perform the essential functions of the position for which he/she is applying or in which he/she is employed.
SITA's equal employment opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and actions, including, without limitation, recruitment, application process, examination and testing, hiring, training, disciplinary actions, rate of pay or other compensation, advancement, classification, transfer, reassignment and promotions.