Assistant General Counsel, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation 7/10/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for an Assistant General Counsel, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon s Total Rewards and HR functions in Chicago, IL. As an Assistant General Counsel, you will report directly to the Global Chief Employment Counsel and serve as a lead counsel supporting Aon s U.S. retirement, health, and welfare programs, executive compensation programs, global equity plans, and employee benefits aspects of M&A transactions.
Your impact as an Assistant General Counsel
* Provide day-to-day legal guidance and support to members of the Total Rewards and Human Resources groups on employee compensation and benefits matters.
* Provide counsel and ERISA advice with respect to all Aon U.S. employee benefit plans and programs (including retirement, pension, and health and welfare), and provide legal support as necessary with respect to Aon non-US employee benefit programs.
* Provide counsel and ERISA advice with respect to Aon s executive compensation programs, including non-qualified deferred compensation plans, equity plans, annual and long term incentive plans, and severance and change in control plans.
* Draft and maintain employee benefit plan documents and executive compensation program documents (including summary plan descriptions, plan amendments, employment-related agreements and contracts, and prospectuses).
* Manage employee benefits issues implicated in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures including conducting due diligence, negotiating sale and purchase terms, and assisting with post-closing integration matters.
* Provide legal counsel to fiduciary committees established to administer Aon s retirement and health and welfare programs.
* Provide counsel with respect to securities filings and disclosures as they relate to equity plans and compensation of senior executives, including proxy statements and annual and current reports.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5 plus years of substantive ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation experience;
* Large firm training and experience;
* Strong technical ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation skills;
* Ability to manage multiple matters efficiently and effectively; and
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* 7+ years of substantive employee benefits and executive compensation experience;
* Prior in-house experience;
* Prior experience advising public company board compensation committees; and
* Prior experience advising plan administrative committees.
* J.D. or equivalent degree required.
* Admitted to Illinois bar, or eligible for admission.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.