Senior Marketing Director, Health & Benefits 7/10/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Marketing Director, Health & Benefits
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Marketing team in Chicago.
Your Impact As A Senior Marketing Director, Health & Benefits
Aon, a global leader in human capital solutions, is seeking a marketing strategist and organizational change agent with healthcare industry expertise and a proven track record for delivering successful marketing campaigns.
The Sr. Marketing Director for Health & Benefits is a key member of the marketing leadership team reporting to the SVP of Global Marketing and Communication while also serving as a key member of the Health & Benefits leadership team with accountability for developing and executing strategic marketing plans for Aon s Health & Benefits business.
Working with thought leaders and business leaders, the Sr. Marketing Director is charged with creating alignment across the organization and maximizing marketing s impact through focused, multi-channel marketing campaigns that help build Aon s brand awareness among key targets, create demand and accelerate growth, and ultimately accelerate the sales cycle for our portfolio of Health & Benefits solutions. As a result of this alignment and strategy, the Global Health & Benefits business will have accelerated growth in established businesses and will experience growth in emerging solutions.
The Sr. Marketing Director will also work on corporate and cross-business initiatives to help drive Aon s overall position in Health & Benefits through brand awareness and client activation opportunities.
* Cultivate a deeper understanding of the Healthcare industry and Aon s current position relative to competitors along with our long term opportunity in this space.
* Partner with product, sales, public relations and communications teams to build strategic and integrated marketing plans that capitalize on the market opportunity and position Aon in a compelling and distinctive way among key targets.
* Utilize a broad range of marketing vehicles to achieve business growth objectives including digital media, thought leadership, sales enablement, events, and public relations.
* Effectively build relationships with key resources including creative teams, marketing operations, agencies and junior team members to develop and manage needs-based campaigns and deliver optimal results.
* Actively align with Aon brand strategy, messaging and deployment.
* Prepare and maintain marketing dashboard to track, analyze and communicate results. Lead analysis and diagnostics to continuously refine marketing mix and enhance performance.
* Build and manage marketing budgets to maximize marketing Return on Investment (ROI).
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Marketing degree and 10-15+ years of marketing experience and/or healthcare industry experience as a marketing professional.
* MBA preferred
* Demonstration of commitment to ongoing professional development and mentorship.
* Ten to 15 years of professional b-to-b experience leading a diverse and distributed marketing team; global experience is a plus
* Five plus years of healthcare industry experience
* Five to 10 years of advanced experience with product line or business unit management strongly preferred
* Formal leadership experience overseeing a complex marketing budget
* Demonstrated success influencing C-level executives and cross-functional leaders
* Strong background in business analytics, measurement and dashboards
* Demonstrated skills in messaging and positioning offerings
* Experience developing thought leadership to enhance a company s reputation in terms of expertise and innovation
* CRM knowledge with Salesforce.com experience a plus
* Demand waterfall implementation and management experience a plus
* Cross-functional leader with a strong background of effectively managing a matrix leadership model and working across multiple P&Ls and functions to establish buy-in for go-to-market strategy
* Executive presence and demeanor when working across all levels of the organization including with senior leaders
* Goal-oriented with strong business acumen and presentation skills
* Strong leadership and decision-making skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple projects, programs, and directives as well as translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations
* Ability to listen, interpret needs and communicate complex solutions in a simplified way
* People management, including the ability to grow and manage a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.