Local Practice Leader 7/11/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-GA-Atlanta
Aon is looking for a Senior Vice President, Health & Benefits Local Practice Leader in Atlanta, GA.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Benefits business within Aon Risk Solutions, in Chicago, Illinois. As a Local Practice Leader you will report directly to the Regional Practice Leader with a team of senior level direct reports.
Your impact as an SVP, Local Practice Leader
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Benefits business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Atlanta, GA. As a Local Practice Leader, you will report directly to the SVP, Health & Benefits Practice Leader. Using your leadership skills, you will inspire your colleagues to deliver positive results for our clients and our business to build the Atlanta market. This will take shape by driving client management throughout to ensure client satisfaction, profitability, and excellence in delivery, providing strategic leadership on new business pursuits, establishing and executing a talent agenda to increase colleague engagement and retention and managing an on-going pipeline of senior talent, and drive top and bottom line financial success within the market.
The Health and Benefits Local Practice Leader has senior level management, consulting and operational levels of responsibility with accountability for increasing the volume of clients and colleagues in both the mid and large market sectors in the Atlanta market.
* Affirm and amplify the strategic vision and direction of the local office
* Partner and collaborate with other business partners for growth, strategic direction, and client service
* Grow revenue and increases market share within the greater Atlanta market
* Manage overall financial performance and business P&L to include revenue and overall profitability
* Develop local strategies to improve client acquisition, satisfaction and retention
* Work with Regional leadership (direct reports and support staff) for H&B Consulting Practice strategies and initiatives at the local level
* Lead and partner with local H&B leadership team for local office implementation and execution of local, regional and national initiatives
* Monitor colleague engagement and establish action plans to proactively address talent opportunities
* Network with external senior talent across the industry to deepen succession plans and strengthen the practice
* Focus on leadership development by serving as a teacher and coach to direct reports and other high potential talent
* Keep a pulse on emerging business opportunities and partners with Innovation Leader to evaluate the potential to implement new service offerings
* Work with other H&B Leaders to better understand our clients current and future challenges and uses that information to explore potential solutions
* Proactively build strategic external partnerships and leverage relationships to fulfill client needs
* Partner with In-Practice and U.S. Sales & Accounts as well as Aon Risk Solutions and other sales channels to implement strategies to acquire new clients and grow existing client accounts
Key Aon Leadership Dimensions
* Business Acumen & Results: Positions Aon to achieve industry leading growth while maintaining profitability; communicates what success looks like; identifies emerging opportunities and prioritizes investments accordingly
* Cross-cultural Competence & Collaboration: Models questioning assumptions; seeks out collaborative opportunities across business segments in order to drive results; leverages diversity and inclusion; leads by example; promotes collaboration across the organization
* Influence: Focuses organization in a common direction; supports experimentation and innovation to ensure our competitive advantage
* Developing Self & Others: Translates strategic direction; seeks opportunities to involve team in key initiatives; holds team members accountable for developing direct reports
* Client Knowledge: Contributes knowledge and insight to the industry and clients through professional engagements
* Quality Management: Manages resource allocation decisions to maximize effectiveness; sets standards for quality and performance expectations; adjust priorities, strategies and resources in response to internal and external environmental changes
15+ yrs. Health and benefit consulting and/or leadership
BA or BS required. M.B.A. is a plus. Appropriate Insurance License/Life and Health
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.