Field Service Engineer - McAllen, TX / Southern Texas 7/11/2018
Gerber Technology, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER - MCALLEN, TX / SOUTHERN TEXAS
Posted Date 1 month ago(7/10/2018 2:19 PM)
Technical Service - Field Service Engineering
Gerber Technology is a world leader in providing sophisticated hardware and software systems to automate and more effectively manage product design and manufacturing processes with CAD software for pattern design, automated material spreading systems and computer-controlled cutting systems. The company serves 25,000 customers, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies, in the aerospace, apparel, retail, composites, packaging, furniture, technical textiles and transportation interiors industries in 130 countries.
Diagnose and repair hardware malfunctions on all products, both on-site and by telephone, as required. Performs preventative maintenance, pre-installation planning, maintain required test equipment and spares kits required to solve customer s problem. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
* Provide diagnostics and repair of hardware malfunctions of customer systems.
* Provide pre-installation guidance to customers as to system requirement and physical lay-out
* Provide new system and system upgrade installations
* Perform preventative maintenance on customer systems
* Maintain and submit accurate records of service reports, installation, time, RRB and expense reports
* Ensure service fail-safe procedures are met
* Ensure defective and good parts are returned to the distribution center in line with service policy and procedure
* Sustain superior skills on assigned products with respect to troubleshooting, repair and maintenance techniques.
* Provide back up site support as directed by management
* Associate s degree, military school or equivalent
* 3 to 5 years of experience service on site maintenance with emphasis on computer related devices and mechanical devices
* Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Capable of sustaining high energy self-motivation on a daily basis
* Extensive domestic travel required
* Strict attention to detail in all maintenance operations
* Must strive to foster a positive work environment with co-workers and management
* PREFERRED - Fluent in English and Spanish
* Clean driving record required
Gerber Technology LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to foster a workforce that accepts and respects differences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, language, religion, age, sex, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, ancestry, citizenship, or political opinion.
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email email@example.com or call (702) 252-6257