Manager, Applications 7/11/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB BRIEF
The Manager of Applications is a working manager position, performing various development and administration tasks of their own while managing the work of other applications team members.
The Manager of Applications will perform a number of application administration, support and development tasks as necessary, and the project management of enhancements or change requests. The position will provide Tier 2 and 3 support for application layer support issues, and will own application oriented projects from custom reporting building, SQL development, integration points, data connectors, application administration and security management, and more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
* Working closely with the IT Team, will lead and complete activities involved in the design, development and system analysis functions required for systems integrations with the company s various enterprise systems, such as Dynamics CRM, Great Plains, and Concur.
* Accountable for a wide range of application related activities including but not limited to: user security administration and licensing management, custom integration point development/management, SQL database administration, analyzing existing and potential applications to advance process improvement for end users and achieve organizational goals.
* Management of the application s team layer vendors, contractors, developers, BA s, etc.
* Database Data Connection implementation and oversight for third-party data collection utilizing EDI and or ETL technologies
* Custom report writing and automation scheduling using SSRS, etc., and dashboards.
* Will conduct meetings with users, understand their pain points, and work to develop a plan to resolve issues and advance organizational goals.
* Researches and test Enterprise Software with OS, critical updates, and service packs for compatibility issues.
* Maintains detailed documentation of application customizations and integration points.
* Responds to telephone calls and emails from technical support. Tracks and monitors the problem to insure a timely resolution.
* May be required to lead or direct the work of others on occasion as related to projects.
* Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems for desktops and laptops.
* A member of the Disaster Recovery team in the updating, testing and use of a DR scenario.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of an Associate s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, Bachelor s Degree preferred.
* Minimum 5 years application/development experience, evaluating and documenting system requirements to meet business needs, meeting with stakeholders, building consensus, etc.
* Minimum 3 years leading the work of others directly or in-directly. Setting project goals, milestones, leading the work of others, defining project initiatives, etc.
* Experienced working with various applications and development technologies: SQL Server administration, Stored Procedure development, EDI/ETL, HTML, MS Access, .NET, etc.
* Working knowledge of Dynamics Great Plains, Dynamics CRM or similar financial, CRM systems experience preferred
* Ability to think logically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
* Experience evaluating business functions and requirements, documenting and designing workflows and solutions, seeing and documenting the big-picture applications architecture.
* Strong time management skills, organization, negotiation, and analytical skills.
* Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and written.
* Ability to manage staff on technical issues, and document troubleshooting tips for new and existing systems and equipment.
* Ability to be self-motivated and directed, to effectively prioritize and execute task in a high- pressure environment.
US WorldMeds' is an equal opportunity employer. US WorldMeds' does not discriminate in any aspect of its employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.