Vice President, Pharmacy Consulting - Health Care Systems 7/12/2018
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-MN-Saint Paul
Aon is looking for a Vice President, Pharmacy Consulting- Health Care Systems
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Health in Bloomington, MN (other Aon locations will also be considered).
Your impact as a Vice President, Pharmacy Consulting- Health Care Systems
Meeting the benefits needs of the health care system requires unique expertise and knowledge of the more complex governance, operational and regulatory environments in which health care systems operate. In addition to covering their own employees and dependents, many health care systems often own/operate a health plan. This puts them in a role of provider and payer, balancing both sides of health care benefit management.
Pharmacy has its own unique issues in this market vertical. Examples include, integration of hospital system owned/in-house retail pharmacies into a PBM network, management of 340B program coverage and regulations related to employee or health plan member use, as well as alignment challenges for formulary/prior authorization decisions.
The pharmacy consultant for the health care/system vertical works in partnership with leadership for the health care/system vertical leaders to achieve the vertical s growth objectives and to assure delivery of required pharmacy expertise for these clients.
* Strong written and oral executive communication skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of complex health system environment including:
* Hospital owned retail pharmacy / PBM integration considerations
* Managed care system and PBM contracting
* Formulary decision-making
* Specialty pharmacy and limited distribution drug management
* 340B program operations and general regulatory knowledge
* Minimum 5 to 15 years in a variety of pharmacy settings to include some or all of the following
* Hospital pharmacy operations, in-patient and out-patient/retail settings
* Pharmacy managed care in roles that include clinical, operational, financial and client management
* Collaborating with professional sales people and participating in a structured sales process
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.