Electrical Designer III 7/12/2018
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal s commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: CHIEF DEPARTMENT ENGINEER OR DEPARTMENT ENGINEER III
SUPERVISES: DESIGNER I, II AND DRAFTSPERSONS
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for drawing development as assigned by the Chief Department Engineer, Department Engineer III or Designer IV
* Responsible for checking drawings done by Designers I, II and Draftspersons
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
* 8 to 13 years of shipyard design and construction experience or equivalent experience.
* 8 years of 3D modeling experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines
* Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
* Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products, ShipConstructor or other 3D modeling software
* Possess a thorough understanding of design, in any or all of the following areas: structure, HVAC, mechanical systems, wire ways or fitout
* AA Degree in CAD preferred
* Computer MS Office, AutoCAD 2008 or later, ShipConstructor 08
* May lead the work of Designers I, II and Draftspersons
* May determine technical adequacy of drawings
* May provide input to evaluations of Designers I, II and Draftspersons
LIAISES WITH: Engineers, Production Personnel, Customer, Program Management and Equipment Suppliers
* Experience in the construction of high speed aluminum vessels is advantageous but not a requirement
* Working knowledge of modular construction methods is advantageous but not a requirement.
* Working knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels is advantageous but not a requirement.
* The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance may be required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities.
* Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
* 18 years of age or older at time of application.
* Able to provide proof of US Person Status
* No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within
seven years from disposition date
* No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from
* Willing to submit to a drug screen
* Willing to submit to a background check