Senior Manager, Learning and Development 7/13/2018
Dine Brands Global
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Senior Manager, Learning and Development
Innovates and implements L&D strategy for international, regularly assessing international needs and creating solutions specifically tailored for international.
At the same time, liaises with domestic L&D leaders to be on top of latest domestic developments, leverage programs and exchange best practices.
Ensures that training activities align with organizational international strategy and are conducted timely in a quality fashion in the field.
Provides direction and leads members of the L&D function to ensure that training materials, methods and processes achieve the organizational objectives in the field.
* Creates strategic direction for the International Learning & Development function
* Consults with Dine Brands and Franchise leadership to determine L&D needs
* Oversees the creation and implementation of training materials, programs and processes.
* Oversees the adaptation of domestic training programs to international needs as appropriate
* Sets the strategic direction for the Field Training Consultants
* Directs the team members involved in training for new restaurants and implements processes and procedures to endure success
* Aligns key leaders and stakeholders on the implementation and training plans for key initiatives such as new menu implementations, new procedure or equipment rollouts, and executes against the plan.
* Delivers training programs to develop the capabilities of franchisees, field leaders, and international team members.
* Implements in-restaurant, management, and multi-unit learning & development programs.
* Monitors and ensures compliance with training policies and processes.
* Develops and implements in-restaurant, management, and multi-unit training and development programs.
* Effectively prioritizes and allocates training resources (people and budget) in support of strategic operating plans.
* Develops and oversees the Training & Development budget; administer and manage the expenses related to the management training program.
* Follows company policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a timely manner respectful of others.
* Bachelor s degree in Communications, Education, Business or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
* 5-8 years of experience in a Training & Development function with experience in a management role. Restaurant experience and operations background preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of Learning and Development methodologies: including instructional design (ADDIE), learning program management, facilitation, project management, video training development, blended learning, adult learning principles, deployment, and evaluation, and related knowledge.
* Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to successfully communicate to diverse audiences.
* Ability to successfully lead negotiations with vendors
* Ability to successfully communicate with and influence senior level executives and business unit leaders
* Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to achieve results through others
* Able to travel 50% of the time during first 6 months and 20% on a regular basis, including monthly travel to Glendale
* Training/certifications: Organization/performance consulting, assessments and competency models (e.g., Hogan, MBTI, Lominger, DISC, etc.).
* Professional Certification: CPLP, PHR, SPHR or similar strongly preferred
* Educational software knowledge: Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate 360, Captivate
* Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
Founded in 2007, Dine Brands Global, Inc. (formerly DineEquity) brings together two of the world s largest and most beloved full-service restaurant brands - Applebee's (established in 1980) and IHOP (founded in 1958). With over 100 years of hospitality experience and expertise throughout 18 countries around the world, Dine Brands supports more than 3,700 Applebee's and IHOP restaurants and a 100% franchised system of nearly 400 franchisees, making it one of the largest full-service restaurant companies in the world.
Who are we*
We celebrate success as we passionately nurture (and grow) the world s most beloved restaurant brands. We are innovators that embrace new ideas & creativity. We value commitment and take personal accountability for our actions. We value openness, authenticity, and foster a collaborative, creative environment that believes we will go farther, together.
Send This Job to a Friend
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to inclusion in the workplace.