Strategic Management Consultant 7/13/2018
PA Aerospace and Defense
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
We help clients adapt to change. Be it from world events, new technologies, changing budgets, and/or evolving customer demands, clients seek our help to innovate, analyze options, and put new strategic solutions into practice. As a consultant in our Aerospace, Defense and Security team, you will work with sharp, high-energy colleagues to create customized data-driven analysis for clients in multiple industries including aerospace and defense and other areas with critical infrastructure or security challenges. We use rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis methods including advanced modeling and predictive analytics to assess risks and opportunities, prioritize options, and often help clients put new solutions into practice to deliver results. Clients retain and refer us based on our analytical excellence and ability to take them from strategy to implementation and deliver sustained performance improvement. Typical examples of our client work include helping:
-Leaders of the largest and most complex programs and portfolios such as aircraft, ships, and major infrastructure projects
-Executives seeking to disrupt markets, deliver products in new ways, or otherwise outmaneuver competitors in technically sophisticated design, production, and operations work
-Decision-makers determining how to best address evolving security threats, strategic priorities, or other changes and to redesign their organization or business to be more effective
Candidates should be passionate about helping clients tackle tough and unstructured challenges and be willing to stretch themselves and keep learning. Consultants can contribute to a wide range of projects over time depending on their skills, ranging from complex modeling and analysis to diagnosis to working side by side with client on operational improvement. Project teams work together to identify and diagnose strategic issues; design and conduct detailed quantitative analyses; summarize findings and clearly explain recommendations; discuss and review findings with senior clients; and helping clients take action to put these insights into practice.
Work experience and education determine the level at which candidates enter, though progression is based solely on capability and performance. Rapid advancement is possible for outstanding performers.
* Bachelor s degree and/or Master s degree (depending on rank)
* US Citizenship required due to client requirements for some of our work
* Experience in data analysis using statistics tools and methods such as regression analysis, factor analysis, decision trees, etc.
* Experience with data management tools like MS Access or SQL (preferred)
* Ability to pull out and communicate insights from large-scale detailed analyses
* Advanced expertise with data visualization and BI tools such as Tableau
* Operations management knowledge including hands-on work in operational and cost improvement projects
* Strength in programming and analysis techniques (one or more of the following):
* Programming and/or scripting experience: Python, VBA, R, MATLAB
* Probabilistic modelling and Monte-Carlo Simulation
* Optimization methods
* System dynamics simulation
* Agent-based modelling
* Exceptional accomplishment and analytical ability in academic and/or professional work
* Ability to move between detailed technical analysis and more strategic big picture thinking
* Proven discipline, energy, and confidence to get things done
* Ability to work well with wide range of clients and colleagues with different strengths and styles
* Ambition and self-motivation with the desire to contribute to a positive team environment and the long-term performance of our team and our clients
* Excellent communication skills
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
* Experience involvement in advanced strategic and operational consulting that makes a real difference to high-profile clients on very challenging issues.
* Teamwork -- committed teams that blend in-depth industry experience with high quality consulting expertise and diverse skills and styles.
* Learning -- sharp and interesting colleagues who will develop and challenge you, and a career path helping you develop in many ways technical, teamwork, communication, and more
* Growth flexible career paths with the ability to progress as quickly as your skills develop, and with increasing opportunities in a growing firm
* Opportunity -- strong compensation and benefits with a strong bonus program and ability to progress rapidly.
Locations: Cambridge, MA; Arlington, VA
Please apply on campus or here via the careers tab: www.pausinc.com.