Underwriting Professional II 7/14/2018
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IN-Fort Wayne
Aon Is Looking For An Underwriting Professional II
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our K&K Recreation business group within Aon Affinity.
Your Impact As An Underwriting Professional II
Within stipulated underwriting authority limits, this position is accountable for reviewing, evaluating and rating applications for insurance coverage in order to classify the degree of insurable risk and determine appropriate premium amounts.
* Review and evaluate insurance applications and related documents, including inspection reports, financial statements, loss data, MVRs and other information needed to properly evaluate and classify the degree of risk in relation to proposed coverage limits.
* Obtain all relevant information not included with the initial submission to ensure a thorough evaluation of the risk.
* Review and evaluate renewal business and recommend appropriate actions to attain premium rate and loss ratio objectives.
* Prepare and review quotations to ensure accuracy prior to presentation to potential clients.
* Approve the coverages requested within specified underwriting authority, either as submitted or on a modified basis, or decline the risk in its entirely; refer with recommended action if risk exceeds underwriting authority.
* Review policy forms used in specific programs to ensure consistency.
* Manage a $5mil book of business with goals for production, net revenue, rate increase, loss ratio and underwriting audit results.
* Coordinate annual goal distribution with team, including renewals, territories, and SCU.
* Complete a variety of underwriting projects at the direction of the Underwriting Director and Senior Vice President.
* Travel capabilities to conventions and client/broker visits.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Position requires a Property & Casualty license, or the ability to obtain within six months of hire
* L&H highly desired
* 3 - 4 year Commercial Property & Casualty insurance experience; customer account handling and/or underwriting.
* Understand multiple P & C coverage lines such as, commercial property, liability, crime, inland marine, auto and workers compensation coverage.
* Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
* Excellent math, oral and written English communication skills.
* Candidate must be organized, able to prioritize work and possess effective time management skills in a fast paced environment.
* Work well with team members and co-workers, participate in and support an underwriting team environment, advance your knowledge with formal educational courses, and interact with management.
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent 5-10 years prior commercial insurance underwriting experience.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.