Molecular Account Executive - Florida 7/14/2018
GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
If you are interested in a Molecular Account Executive (MAE) sales role and want to work remotely from the Tampa area, please consider GenMark.
*This is a remote position covering our Tampa, Florida territory.
GenMark Diagnostics is a fast growing, company changing the diagnostics landscape. We are continuing to build our Life Sciences sales team and would ideally like to meet with account managers with pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device or other related industry experience. Our team is continually learning and working on new and exciting projects around North America. We are looking to add self-propelled colleagues to our team to continue to drive our growth.
GenMark's XT-8 and ePlex sample-to-answer system are designed to support a broad range of molecular diagnostic tests with a compact, easy-to-use workstation and self-contained, disposable test cartridges. The recently FDA cleared ePlex System integrates the entire diagnostic process to better realize the patient and laboratory benefits of rapid, multiplex molecular diagnostics. The ePlex system offers a number of unique solutions that were thoughtfully engineered to address the biggest challenges facing the clinical laboratory and to support hospital systems in delivering patient centered care. The ePlex system is the only solution in molecular diagnostics that was designed for the patient and optimized for the lab.
It s an exciting time to be a part of GenMark and you can have an immediate impact!
GenMark Cultural Beliefs: Must embrace and exemplify GenMark s Cultural Beliefs
* Think Big
* Own It
* Reach Out
* Work Smart
* Speak Up
* Build Trust
* Empower Customers
A career as a Molecular Account Executive is both challenging and rewarding if:
-You enjoy prospecting and you re able to open new doors.
-You can effectively qualify opportunities with key decision makers to gain valuable intelligence.
-You can build and present compelling and customer-centric proposals to close deals.
-You enjoy working in a team-selling environment.
The Molecular Account Executive (MAE) is directly responsible for achieving territory sales goals by maintaining existing customer relationships and creating new opportunities that result in the sale of instruments and reagents.
Critical factors to success include:
* You like being challenged with actively selling to many different customer segments.
* You are energized by developing value-based solutions for clients.
* You can create rapport, credibility and build trust-based relationships.
* You are driven, disciplined and focused, and consider yourself as a hunter of new business.
* Meet and exceed assigned instrument and consumable sales goals/quotas on a quarterly and annual basis within territory.
* Use of interpersonal skills and a strategic approach to establish and maintain relationships that result in customer acquisition, satisfaction, and retention.
* Interface with other members of the sales, service, and marketing teams to develop and execute customer strategies and tactics.
* Conduct necessary/business analysis and planning.
* Prepare reports, business plans, and expense reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
* Communicate competitive and market information internally throughout the organization.
* Participate in classroom based or on-line training classes to keep up with the latest product development and regulatory materials.
* Respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues with a sense of urgency and in a timely manner
* Attend state, regional and national trade shows as appropriate.
MAE Background Requirements:
* Bachelor s degree, plus a minimum of 3+ years successfully selling capital instrumentation and consumables into hospital and regional reference labs; microbiology and molecular sales experience preferred.
* Proven track record of success, demonstrating high achievements amongst peers; continuous growth of territory.
* Demonstrated proficiency in achieving annual quota targets and in predicting/forecasting revenue.
* Expert knowledge and application of strategic, as well as tactical selling principles in a complex sales environment.
* Strong aptitude for scientific learning Proficiency with MS Office and Salesforce.com or other CRM applications.
* Advanced communication skills, both verbally and written with the ability to create impactful presentations.
* Negotiation, contracting and problem-solving skills.
* Proven relationship building skills with demonstrated experience in new territory development and/or competitive acquisitions.
* Miller Heiman Sales Process or other similar strategic sales methodologies highly desired.
* Extensive travel required.
GenMark Dx does not accept agency submittals. Please do not forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current GenMark employee for review. GenMark Dx is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GenMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: GenMark is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GenMark are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GenMark will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GenMark encourages applicants of all ages. GenMark participates in E-Verify. GenMark is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.