Industrial Wastewater Operator 7/14/2018
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OBG is looking for an experienced Industrial Wastewater Treatment Operator, working at our project site in Brook, IN. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Operates facilities with computer or PLC controls.
* Provides facility start-up, troubleshooting, and evaluation, instruction, and/or maintenance in a wide variety of environmental facilities.
* Prepares schedules and job mobilization for project team.
* Prepares operational guidelines, standard operating procedures and routine reports.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the electrical, mechanical, process or instrumentation field.
* Supervises or makes repairs to machinery and equipment, including chemical feed equipment.
* Monitors process flows and makes appropriate adjustments.
* Performs routine maintenance on equipment.
* Schedules or washes clarifiers, filter beds, contact basins and other unit process equipment as required.
* Assists in qualification and proposal preparation. May tour potential project sites, meet with client representatives, prepare bid documents and participates in presentations.
* Applies a working knowledge of fundamental principles, terminology, and methodology in carrying out assignments.
* Performs assignments with clear, specific objective which may require the limited exercise of judgment and decision-making skills.
* Operates and maintains pumps, valves, motors and related machinery and equipment.
* Monitors, regulates and adjusts chlorinators, chemical feed pumps, filter rates and other process equipment.
* Collects samples and performs routine in-plant lab tests as required.
* Maintains a log of operations and maintenance activities and related records.
* Operates system to maintain compliance with permit requirements.
* High School diploma / GED / Vocational training or equivalent.
* Applicable Health & Safety training.
* Typically 8+ years of relevant experience.
* Indiana Certification in water or wastewater treatment plant operations is required and individual must be aware of all relevant regulations regarding environmental operations.
* Demonstrates good interpersonal skills.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.