Project Manager (Systems Implementation) 7/17/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Legal team based in Chicago IL.
Aon is looking for a Project Manager for our Law Department
Aon Law is at the beginning of a program of work to implement a contract management system that could be leveraged as a firm-wide solution long term. We need a Project Manager to focus on gathering business requirements, assisting to translate these into technical specifications and partnering with the system s technical team to ensure milestones and deliverables are met. The successful candidate will need to engage with Aon stakeholders (Law colleagues, business leaders, technology stakeholders) and the vendor implementation team. An understanding of contracts (key features, levels of complexity, etc.) would be an advantage.
The scope of the Project Manager role is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to defined objectives and overall project plan management, which includes staffing project resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects as well as scope, schedule, budget, issues and risk management. The Project Manager is expected to introduce and manage quality control throughout the project s life cycle.
* Direct and manage project development from planning to deployment until handed to production support team.
* Define project scope, goals, timelines, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
* Develop and maintain full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools, and adhere to corporate project management methodology and tollgate requirements.
* Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
* Facilitate the collection of functional and non-functional requirements supporting the system implementation.
* Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely, consistent, and clear manner.
* Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
* Manage risk, identify and manage project dependencies and critical path throughout the project lifecycle.
* Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
* Coach, train, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
* Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
* Serve as a relationship manager with business units ensuring issues and concerns are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner.
* Mentor colleagues and peers based upon project work experience.
* Serve as team member in addition to Project Manager.
Required Knowledge and Skill Qualifications:
* PMP Certification
* Five plus years direct/related work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
* Experience with running enterprise system implementation projects within large client environments
* Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
* Experience with process mapping and reengineering initiatives and tools, such as Microsoft Visio
* Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
* Able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
* Strong stakeholder management skills
* Persuasive, encouraging, motivating and tenacious.
Preferred Knowledge and Skill Qualifications:
* Familiarity with legal departments, contract types/categories, contract elements, and general workflow
* Previous experience with system implementations for law departments and/or legal services
* Familiarity with contract management tools and functionality, such as Exari
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.