Sr. Global Benefits Consultant 7/17/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Sr. Global Benefits Consultant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon Risk Solutions in Chicago, IL
Your impact as a Sr. Global Benefits Consultant
Multinational companies face constant challenges at they globalize and expand their diverse and international workforce, including: corporate governance, need for operational and cost efficiency/improved margins, increase complexity of managing employee benefits and compensation globally in a consistent manner, and balancing central control of employee benefit programs with ensuring that benefit packages are appropriate in each locale. Aon is helping multinational companies meet these challenges through numerous services.
We are a very cohesive team of subject matter experts from a variety of disciplines and experience, offering a strong foundation for the excellent consultative services that we offer our clients.
The Senior Global Benefits Consultant is a great career opportunity that offers diversified project and client exposure. Topics relate to the benefits needs of global companies and may include: benefit audits, multi-country benchmarking, multi-national pooling studies and pool management, global benefits management and coordination, financial projections of benefits valuations, compensation reviews, captive studies and financial management.
* Finalize reporting and materials for global benefits projects.
* Conduct meetings and take notes, monitor and execute deliverables and accountabilities based on project scope and statement of work.
* Identify additional potential work and any out of scope services requested by clients.
* Partner as appropriate with other team members to finalize projects and monitor time spend and project budget.
* Make analytical projects and conclusions/recommendations for work conducted.
* Support senior members of the group in developing business opportunities through the introduction of additional services for existing clients.
* Conduct studies, make intermediate or final recommendations.
* Resolve client issues at appropriate levels and inform relationship manager and other team members of pertinent issues.
* Support client projects with limited direction through completion and within established time frames and financial parameters to attain overall client deliverables.
* Communicate with external parties via phone and email such as HR contacts, plan sponsors, auditors, plan participants, etc. to resolve issues, research and respond to routine inquiries, gather and prepare data. Projects include: production of periodic allocation reports, data analysis, plan calculations, peer review, etc.
* Attend client meetings and present results as an integral part of a collaborative client service team.
* Achieve specified client servicing deliverables and goals identified each year, based on experience and technical This may include, billable hours, utilization goals, etc.
* Train, mentor and review less experienced staff ; work product for reasonableness and accuracy to validate data and results.
* May also assist with development and informal supervision of more junior staff by ensuring that client deliverables are met
* Participate in training opportunities to remain current with the regulatory environment
* Develop technical proficiencies in order to discuss technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Additional opportunities to participate on special project teams may also be identified as part of a more personalized career development plan.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5 years or more of direct experience in an HR consulting firm or professional services firm. In addition, international or non-US benefits consulting experience is strongly desired. We also value demonstrated consultative skills to effectively work in a cohesive team environment as well as the ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external parties.
* Strong management and strong analytical ability.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
* Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects in as fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
* Working knowledge of employee benefits.
* Demonstrated interest in the global environment, other cultures and languages
* Bachelor s degree (mathematics, finance, economics or other degrees where quantitative skills are required is preferred).
* Advanced degree or project management certification is an advantage.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.