Pilot Instructor 7/17/2018
Macdill Afb, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defence force readiness and enhance patient safety. We have the broadest global presence in the industry, with 8,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers and thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide. www.cae.com
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide KC-135 Aircraft Systems/operational procedures instruction in aircraft/ classroom/ simulator and/or practical environments. Assist as Subject Matter Expert in development of curriculum for new type courses as required. May provide additional special services such as courseware review and other additional administrative duties such as publications, safety, quality audits, FCIF, scheduling, and other duties as maybe assigned, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Provides KC-135 Pilot procedures instruction in aircraft, classroom, and simulator or other platform environments.
* Provides training for Visual Threat Recognition Avoidance Training (VTRAT).
* Provides Crew Resource Management (CRM) training.
* Assists as a Subject Matter Expert in the development of curriculum for new type courses as required.
* Acts as a Lesson Subject Matter Expert to review existing lessons and/or changes to existing lessons.
* Provides suggestions to improve and update training policies and procedures.
* Promotes a positive attitude towards learning and embracing new technologies and tasks.
* Conducts ground training for other crewmembers to include diagnosis and remediation of student issues.
* Assists in project and development work as assigned.
* Performs administrative duties such as scheduling, record keeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, quality assurance, safety, security, and maintenance of training programs and equipment.
* Must be physically able to enter simulator, experience simulator motion and take cognizance of attendees safety when on board the simulator.
* Must be able to stand up and conduct academic instruction in simulator and classrooms for up to six hours each day.
* Must maintain proficiency in operation of essential KC-135 Aircrew Training Devices.
* Aviation instruction is a highly specialized function that requires the instructor to have prior aircraft operating experience and the ability to hold creditability and the attention of the customer attendees.
* Must acquire and maintain instrument, take-off, landing, and emergency procedure proficiency.
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Bachelor s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
* Eight years total flying experience, five years military experience, with at least two years KC-135 Pilot flight instructor and training management experience. Must have recent experience as a KC-135 Instructor Pilot or Evaluator Pilot.
* Completion of a formal USAF Instructor training course.
* Strong facilitation, and data analysis skills required
* Ability to participate in periodic aircraft familiarization flights.
* Must acquire and maintain proficiency in emergency procedures.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
* Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
* MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR DOD PERSONAL SECURITY CLEARANCE
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
* Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
* Domestic and international travel as required.
* Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
* Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top of or under machinery.
* Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
* Work in a regular office environment; communicate via personal computer, telephone and fax.
* Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock and from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure.
* Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, and loud noises.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA INC. IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVES CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
The masculine gender is used throughout this job description solely to make the text easier to read and therefore applies to both men and women.