Simulator Technician I 7/17/2018
Altus Afb, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defence force readiness and enhance patient safety. We have the broadest global presence in the industry, with 8,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers and thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide. www.cae.com
Simulator Technician I
On Call (Fixed Term)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Applies basic knowledge and experience to solve routine technical tasks or system problems; those that typically may be performed solely by reference to maintenance manuals or similar documents. Work will be reviewed by higher level Technicians II or III to ensure compliance with accepted practices and/or standard operating procedure. Receives training in device system and subsystems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Applies working technical/ non-techni cal knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks in support of work on various devices, while following detailed instruc tions which encompass all procedures.
* Receives technical guidance as required from supervisor and higher-level technicians.
* Ensures all work is spot checked, and is given detailed review when new or advanced assign ments are involved.
* Localizes and replaces defective parts in electronic circuits.
* Requires use of block, wiring and schematic diagrams to trace basic circuits.
* Maintains required documentation of maintenance activities.
* Monitors and tracks the repair status of inoperative equipment and document maintenance activities utilizing the logistics management data base system.
* Documents maintenance activities to include but not limited to, work order generation and updates, repair action documentation, issuing, returning, and adjusting inventory, insuring inventory records are up to date and accurate, and other material control duties as assigned.
* Conducts voice communications on phone, inter-phone and radio circuits.
* Provides networking and information systems support on training devices and networks.
* Learns device requirements, system design standards, tools and procedures.
* Implements basic modifications to existing simulators.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Position requires a Technical College Degree with no experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and related experience in electronics, electromechanical, computer, aviation or simulation technology.
* Two (2) years of related experience may substitute for absence of Technical College Degree
* Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
* Related skill areas should include technical writing and presentation skills.
* Must be skilled at use and operation of test equipment, including O scopes, frequency counters, volt/ohm meters and range calibration set.
* Must be able to perform routine preventive maintenance using maintenance requirement cards and instructional manuals; perform daily system readiness test, pre-operational and post-operational checkouts.
* Must exhibit high performance and capability to work in a team environment
* Must be able to drive a fork-lift, man-lift, K-loader, or other support equipment as required
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
* Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
* Must be eligible for DoD Personnel Security Clearance.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex word and technical documents/diagrams. Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds over head.
* Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
* Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top of or under the device.
* Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
* Must be able to distinguish colors.
* Domestic and international travel as required.
* Shop floor environment.
* Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure.
* Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, loud noises.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA INC. IS AN EOE/AA EMPLOYER AND GIVES CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. IF YOU D LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR EEO RIGHTS AS AN APPLICANT UNDER THE LAW, PLEASE CLICK HERE EEO IS THE LAW POSTER.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION THE CONTRACTOR WILL NOT DISCHARGE OR IN ANY OTHER MANNER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE INQUIRED ABOUT, DISCUSSED, OR DISCLOSED THEIR OWN PAY OR THE PAY OF ANOTHER EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT. HOWEVER, EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE ACCESS TO THE COMPENSATION INFORMATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS AS A PART OF THEIR ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS CANNOT DISCLOSE THE PAY OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS TO INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT OTHERWISE HAVE ACCESS TO COMPENSATION INFORMATION, UNLESS THE DISCLOSURE IS (A) IN RESPONSE TO A FORMAL COMPLAINT OR CHARGE, (B) IN FURTHERANCE OF AN INVESTIGATION, PROCEEDING, HEARING, OR ACTION, INCLUDING AN INVESTIGATION CONDUCTED BY THE EMPLOYER, OR (C) CONSISTENT WITH THE CONTRACTOR S LEGAL DUTY TO FURNISH INFORMATION.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity