Chemist I 7/17/2018
EMD Performance Materials
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
* Analyze raw material, intermediate, and product parameters for Quality Control.
* Update and monitor databases and charts.
* Maintain and calibrate instruments.
* Perform statistical validation studies (e.g., new tool evaluations, repeat analysis, MSA, and round-robins).
* Verify accuracy of product information (e.g., product label, SQC data, and COA)
* Use controlled documents and help develop documents in areas of responsibility.
* Support audits.
* Use statistical based methods for problem solving and design of experiments.
* Other duties as assigned.
This role reports to the US Head of Quality for Silica products. This role must work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment and develop good working relationships internally and externally. This role must be self-motivated and be able to respond to deviations in their daily work schedule.
Who You Are:
* BS degree or higher in chemistry or related science field.
* 1 or more years of experience as a quality control chemist or in a related laboratory analysis field.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Strong computer skills for word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical analysis.
* Self-motivated individual able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Well organized and disciplined.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and other statistical tools is beneficial.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.