Electrical Engineer - Medical Device 7/17/2018
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Profile
Inovio is a late-stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of DNA immunotherapies that transform the treatment of cancer and infectious diseases. Inovio is the only immunotherapy company that has reported generating T cells whose killing capacity correlates with relevant clinical outcomes. With an expanding portfolio of immune therapies, the company is advancing a growing preclinical and clinical stage product pipeline. Partners and collaborators include MedImmune, Regeneron, Roche/Genentech, ApolloBio Corporation, The Wistar Institute, University of Pennsylvania, the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy, CEPI, DARPA, GeneOne Life Science, Plumbline Life Sciences, Drexel University, NIH, HIV Vaccines Trial Network, National Cancer Institute, U.S. Military HIV Research Program, and Laval University. For more information, visit www.inovio.com.
The Electrical Engineer performs electrical circuit analysis, documentation, testing, change control and troubleshoots electrical circuit, and evaluates NCMR and customer complaints. Works on preventative actions and interfaces with suppliers. In addition, he/she reviews board level failures coming from incoming inspection and works with the design and manufacturing engineers in improving the design and the process. Investigates and documents root causes and mitigations. Works with other departments to perform these tasks.
Essential job functions and duties
* Evaluate, investigate and design electrical systems, products, components, and applications applying knowledge of electronics, software, manufacturing processes and materials. Test mitigations and further the design development.
* Take measurements using laboratory tools, such as oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies and multi-meters.
* Develop manufacturing test equipment, such as a board level tester. Create specifications and testing equipment to the specifications.
* Facilitate progress on projects by training and guiding technicians, create best-practices and refine work instructions.
* Write and execute V&V protocols and reports.
* Create incoming inspection documents and fixtures for Engineering.
* Release schematics designed in OrCad CIS, including the release of new components.
* Create Bill of Materials according to Inovio s released SOP s.
* Represent Engineering in CCB meetings.
* Review and sign off for Engineering on change orders.
* Troubleshoot circuit boards; work with Quality on NCMRs and CAPAs.
* Help the project manager with identifying risks and review risk analysis, such as a DFMEA.
* Complete other engineering duties as assigned.
* B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering.
* 2-4 years of experience in the field of electronics or electrical engineering; or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained.
* Experience working in an ISO 13485 regulated quality system environment is preferred.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to determine appropriate designs.
* Experience working with circuit board houses on PCBs
* Solid understanding of common measurement and test equipment.
* Ability to read electrical circuit diagrams.
* Excellent teamwork.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Good documentation, recordkeeping and data collection skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and work with minimal supervision for most of tasks.
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, Inovio will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
A current US work authorization is required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Inovio offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer. Read More