Supply Chain Tactical Mgr
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/17/2018
END DATE 8/16/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
To develop and lead a best in class Supply Chain management team of buyer/planners that ensure the supply of high quality and on time components, processes and services for assigned value streams. This role is a critical link between daily operations and the commodity management team.
Essential Job Functions
* Provide strategic direction to the SCM buyer/planner team
* Lead and cast vision for the department through use of NMG's Policy Deployment process
* Train and support career objectives of your team
* Set department and team member goals and objectives- track driver and results metrics for each buyer/planner: OTD, quality and inventory
* Drive continuous improvement through the use of lean ladder tools, E10 tools and standard excel efficiency worksheets
* Hold team accountable to achieve expected results
* Assist in the selection, training and development of assigned team members; contribute to performance evaluations and development plans.
* Ensure the use of E10 and message maintenance by each buyer/planner
* Ensure buyer/planners are expediting and adjusting the schedule in E10 on a daily basis so OTD metrics are readily available and accurate
* Ensure the timely return and replenishment of nonconforming components
* Ensure that buyer/planners are escalating issues to the appropriate levels: minor issues handle, then escalate to CM's then GM's/VP Supply Chain
* Ensure achievement of the overall SCM departments driver and results metrics, determine trends and recommend projects to drive improvements
* Will serve as primary point of contact for supply issues- must be able to deliver a clear and concise 4P to explain issues and gain resources to address
* Provide site specific leadership, prioritization and resource allocation to SCM team members on site
* Serve as a key member of SCM leadership team and a primary point of contact for support function and operations team members
* Participate in the site PDPR development and management
* Site specific meeting support- standups, President's weekly staff, weekly meeting with Corp and financial reviews
* Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
* Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned
* Minimum of 3 years management experience leading an operations or SCM team
* Multiple experiences with progressive levels of authority and leadership in manufacturing to include supply chain, operations, and/or program management responsibility; preferably in the aerospace, defense, and/or automotive industry.
* Understanding of Supply Chain Management best practice.
* Demonstrated background and application proficiency with ERP business solutions.
* Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
* Strong analytical and presentation skills
* Must be willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment with NMG Aerospace (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, etc.
* 4 year business or engineering degree with focus in operations or supply chain management. MBA and/or C. P. M. preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.