Proposal Manager 7/17/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
At REI Systems, we deliver solutions that make a difference and empower people. Come work for a company that was ranked 11th in the 2018 Washington Post Top Workplaces and that has a fast-paced work environment solving real-world challenges alongside reliable teammates.
We are seeking a Proposal Manager to join our corporate team working out of our headquarters in Sterling, VA.
As a Proposal Manager, you will play an integral role in our proposal development efforts and be able to strategize, design, and deliver compelling and compliant proposals for REI s new and existing client base. You will also be able to support growth and capacity building initiatives across the business unit.
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
In this role, you will:
Develop and Execute Plans for Proposals
* Support pre-planning activities for major bids
* Develop outline and schedule
* Work with the capture manager to assign people
* Get commitment from contributors and reviewers
* Organize collaboration and document management
Coordinate Proposal Development
* Conduct proposal kick-off
* Provide guidance to people
* Conduct daily stand ups and identify road blocks
* Work with the capture manager to remove the road blocks
* Communicate with the government when appropriate
Contribute Proposal Content
* Proof read content submissions
* Coach writers or presenters (in case of orals)
* Support recovery or bolster a weak section
* Make material contributions in the document
Conduct Proposal Reviews
* Oversee quality assurance of the proposal products
* Support agile reviews of documents
* Organize and facilitate colour reviews
* Receive and process feedback to improve content
Support Marketing and Capture
* Contribute in promotion activities such as white papers, blogs
* Support growth team in promotion, lead ID, and qualifications
* Work with capture manager to prepare for major bids
* Support RFIs and reviews of draft RFPs
Develop Capacity and Build Talent for REI
* Coach/mentor staff in proposal writing
* Conduct retrospectives and improve proposal process
* Maintain high quality content for future reuse
* Bring innovations in the proposal process
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, has excellent inter-personal skills, and is able to balance process rigor with flexibility to make proposals compliant and compelling at lower costs.
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
* Bachelor s degree in business and management, human resources, information systems, computer science, or another related field
* Master s degree in related field may be substituted for three years experience
Technical Requirements for the Full Stack Developer:
* 5+ years of federal proposal development experience
* At least 2 years in the delivery of technology-enabled solutions
* Experience with agile methodologies
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience.