Sales Leader (Resident Sales Director) Ohio 7/18/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-OH-Cleveland
Aon is looking for a Resident Sales Director
As part of an industry leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as leader of our Sales team across Ohio. As a Resident Sales Director, you will report directly to the Resident Managing Director and will have direct reports.
Primarily responsible for driving growth across the Business Development/Sales functions, the Resident Sales Director is accountable to the Resident Managing Director for delivering the new business goals of the Ohio geography.
By driving individual goal achievement within the Sales team, the Resident Sales Director helps the office, region, and US Commercial Risk Insurance business unit attain aggregate sales goals.
Always promotes the value Aon delivers to clients; performs as a player/coach, and is responsible for individual sales in the amount of 1X salary.
Key responsibilities and scope
* Drive growth: Achieve or exceed the geography s quarterly and annual new business revenue goals;
* Support the execution of the National Sales and Marketing platform and initiatives
* Oversee the development and ongoing implementation and quarterly updates of actionable annual Individual and Geography Sales and Marketing Plans
* Develop and maintain a sales-focused culture across the geography s personnel
* Maintain an accurate and detailed pipeline of new business development for confident revenue forecasting and beneficial sales metric analysis
* Monitor and assess ongoing new business results and related pipeline activity tracking across the geography s personnel, and promptly anticipate and address negative new business variances or trends and/or activity issues
* Forecast new business on a monthly and quarterly basis with accuracy
* Mentor and develop; problem-solve and strategize with the Producers, Account Executives, and Broking Leaders to create, develop and close specific revenue opportunities
* Maintain a fair marketplace in terms of prospect allocation across the offices and the firm s resources and follow protocols for pipeline documentation and production credit disputes
* Create, tailor and/or execute marketing campaigns including email campaigns, mailings, seminars, webinars, seminars, roundtables and Forums to drive revenue opportunities tailored to the office s new business priorities and market area(s)
* Educate Producers, Account Executives, and Broking Leaders on new products, approaches, services, solutions, and Aon s capabilities; provide thought leadership with training on the segment or client applicability and recommended dialoguing with clients and prospects
* Work with the Account Executive Leader to ensure that the office s clients and prospects receive regular written communication applicable to their businesses, exposures and needs
* Proactively and consistently communicate and meet with clients, prospects, insurers, and competitors to maintain a current knowledge of talent in the office s market area(s)
* Recruit and present your recommendation and business plan for the best business development personnel (Producers, Account Executives and support personnel to enable others to produce more) for the market area s needs
* Onboard business developers with a clear understanding of their role, responsibilities, specified sales goals, and training on Oracle, as well as Aon s office, national and global resources and systems
* Identify and nurture focused centers of influence in the accounting, legal, financial and other segments of the business community in the office s market areas for office-wide collaboration and referral
* Ensure that Aon has earned the majority of its large clients risk management, and, where applicable, employee benefits, wallet or spend
* Communicate innovative approaches, best practices, market trends and competitor trends nationally
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Minimum 10 years of Sales Leadership and Marketing Experience in related field
* Solid collaboration skills enabling candidate to successfully lead global new business teams in pursuit of target prospects
* Strong negotiation skills
* Exceptional oral presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate complex messages in written form
* Track record of personally initiating complex sales
* Consistent achievement of assigned territorial or practice business goals
* Active involvement in the development and maintenance of a productive sales and marketing culture
Bachelor s degree or equivalent, with Sales and Risk & Insurance Management/Business related curriculum preferred
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.