Database Developer 7/18/2018
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
The Database Developer is responsible for the design and development of custom database applications, data marts, systems integrations and ETL processes at Hughes Hubbard & Reed.
The Senior Database Developer will report directly to the Director of Applications and Development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design SQL tables, views and stored procedures in support of: web application and dashboard development; business intelligence analysis and reporting; and day to day operational reporting needs.
2. Maintain and enhance the database schema and ETL processes related to the Firms Master Data Directory (MDD) and DataMart.
3. Implement data-centric systems integrations between critical business applications.
4. Provide technical support to the Enterprise Applications team in support of the Firms business application as well as to the overall SQL Server environment.
5. Maintain a functional, secure and high performance database infrastructure by responding to system alerts, configuring and monitoring maintenance jobs, ensuring the integrity of the databases, creating new databases and managing user access. Position will work closely with the Infrastructure team to ensure high availability of the data platform and to ensure all data is backed up in accordance with Firm standards.
Position Specific Skills and Requirements
1. Minimum of 5 years of IT operational experience with a strong understanding of database structure, theories, principles and practices.
2. Minimum of 5 years of Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL programming experience.
3. Minimum of 2 years IntApp Integrate/Integration Builder experience.
4. Ability to translate complex business requirements into detailed technical specifications.
5. SQL Server 2008/2010/2012, database administration, database tuning, database management, database security, and high availability architecture. Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
6. Knowledge of Relational Database Design and Normalization.
7. Experience developing with SQL Server BI Tools (PowerBI, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS).
Education and General Requirements
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or the equivalent experience, preferably with strong academic record.
2. Attributes expected of all candidates include: responsibility, honesty, reliability, initiative, patience, attention to detail, determination, taking pride in ones work, and a desire to learn.
3. Interpersonal skills necessary to interact and work productively as part of the Information Systems team, delivering high quality services to the Firm and our clients.
4. Ability to meet deadlines and effectively complete operational and project based assignments.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, in person and in writing, with Firm personnel at all levels and outside parties as necessary.
6. Ability to work independently.
7. Attendance Requirements:
a. On site during normal working hours and available as necessary before or after normal working hours to work at the Firm, over the telephone, or at off-site meetings, in order to meet the demands of the job and the needs of the Firm.
b. Expected to carry a wireless email device and respond when necessary.
8. Travel Requirements:
a. Ability to engage in off-site travel as required from time to time, in order to meet the demands of the job, and the needs of the Firm.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Hughes Hubbard & Reed takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Child Care
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance