Accountant I 7/19/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
Job Locations US-FL-Brandon
Job ID 2018-1178
# of Openings
1 month ago(7/18/2018 11:47 AM)
Looking for a great investment* A career at Grow Financial Federal Credit Union will be the best investment you ever make! Grow Financial Federal Credit Union has 26+ locations in the Southeast, assets of over $2 billion, and a reputation as one of the premier credit unions in the nation. And that all adds up to a great career for you! Join us now in the following position: Accountant I
Under minimal supervision: Responsible for all accounts payable functions. Actively participates in special projects as assigned by senior and executive management.
* Responsible for all accounts payable functions.
* Processes checks for accounts receivable and income checks received.
* Processes manual checks upon request per established deadlines.
* Responsible for vendor-file maintenance and updates to ACH banking information.
* Reviews and posts travel expense vouchers, including travel cash advances.
* Reviews and posts corporate credit card expenditure reimbursements
* Reconciles various daily and monthly GL's.
* Prepare month-end A/P accruals; Assist with month-end variance and budget analyses.
* Responsible for special projects as assigned by Sr. and Executive Management.
* Cross-trains to gain familiarity with all tasks in the Accounting Department.
* Responsible for associated GL and member posting as assigned.
* Performs other accounting related duties as requested.
BA/BS degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university. Must be a self-starter and have a positive attitude. Must be fast-paced and detail-oriented; strong communication skills, both written and verbal. High math aptitude. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Office software required. Ability to prioritize duties and time management. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Ability to sit at work station for at least eight hours. Must be able to see. Must be able to hear and use telephone. Must be able to speak English fluently. Must be able to type and perform repetitive key strokes.
Excellent Benefits * 401K Plan * Competitive Pay * Business Casual Environment * Service-Minded Team Attitude * Positive Workplace * Exciting Growth Potential & More Apply online now!
An Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veteran/Disabled