Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst 7/19/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon Is Looking For a Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits Consulting business group within Aon in Chicago or Lincolnshire, IL. This role will assist the lead actuary and consultants on large and mid-sized accounts.
Your Impact As A Health and Benefits Actuarial Analyst
Advance your Actuarial career with Aon! Engaging teams, deep subject matter experts and rewarding projects describe our appealing culture. With Aon s people, rewards, knowledge sharing, individual contribution and work life balance - an actuarial career at Aon adds up.
* Health care budget rate-setting for self-insured plans including the analysis of medical and prescription drug network changes
* Employee contribution rate development and scenario analysis
* Analyze insured plan renewals for appropriateness and carrier bid financial evaluations
* Perform financial modeling associated with plan design and provider network changes
* Calculate actuarial reserves
* Prepare quarterly experience reviews
* Evaluate plan design and costs relative to various measures and benchmarks, with reporting to clients
* Work with client teams to identify new and innovative solutions to employer problems
* Assist in strategy development and costing of scenarios related to health care strategy discussions
* Work with team to develop models to evaluate cost-saving scenarios
* Prepare financial exhibits to support client reports and correspondence
* Seek peer review to ensure high quality client deliverables
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of group systems, products and technology, and have a thorough understanding of how these relate to group insurance consulting.
* Develop/Improve general consulting skills, knowledge, and exposure
* Occasional travel required to client locations
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience; relevant experience in a consulting/insurance environment working in group underwriting and group benefits departments preferred
* A superior ability in mathematics and financial analysis, and demonstrated computer skills using financial spreadsheet programs
* Superior communication skills, both written and oral
* Must be a highly motivated, client service and team oriented individual
* Ability to multi-task on several projects simultaneously in an environment with concurrent deadlines subject to change, as well as regular interruptions
* Strong technical skills across Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Must have Advanced Excel proficiency
* Applicants who do not have the industry experience, but have the required education and skills will also be considered
* Bachelor s degree is required, preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related discipline
* Commitment to professional development. Completion of at least 3 SOA exams, and working towards completion of ASA designation
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.