HR Manager 7/19/2018
Fort Washington, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-PA-Fort Washington
Aon Is Looking For a HR Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Human Resources team in Ft. Washington, PA.
Your Impact As A HR Manager
HR Consultant and Business Partner
* Creates trusted relationships with leaders
* Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of Aon's overall business model and how to consult to HR programs within the context of results and performance.
* Creates cohesive and effective partnerships with aligned HR Functional Leaders in support of business.
HR Portfolio and Project Manager
Develops a broad understanding of all Aon HR Programs and is responsible for execution of all major HR initiatives within aligned business group on both an annual and ad-hoc basis. Specifically this includes:
* Annual Pay Review Cycle(s)
* Performance Planning Process
* Global Talent Management Review
* Promotion Process and Review
* Annual Engagement Analysis and Review
* Implementation of any new or updated HR initiative
* Workforce Planning Initiatives
* Liaison between Business and HR Connect
Optimize Compensation Investment
* Maintain SIB (salary, incentive and benefits) discipline, collaborating with Compensation and Finance and leading and counseling Affinity management to ensure that Affinity compensation and staffing decisions, including budgeting, requisitions, hires, rewards, salary increases, job leveling, salary ranges, and incentive programs are aligned with Affinity's strategy and financial standing and budget.
* Maintain SIB ratio and manage staff costs (FTE count, salary, incentives, OT and temps) to budget.
Build and Develop Organizational Capabilities (Talent Management/Organizational Consulting)
* Partners with business leaders in support of development and retention efforts to ensure we have the capability to maintain and grow our business.
* Acts as coach and mentor to leaders and high performing associates as it pertains to their overall career development and progression.
* Works with leaders to ensure performance management is being effectively employed in support of our high performance culture.
* Partners with Talent Acquisition and business to assess needs and workforce planning strategies.
* Partners with the Global Talent Team on initiatives supporting Manager and Leadership Development
* Help to deepen cross cultural competence in Leaders and their groups through support of training efforts and diversity councils, as well as through the consideration of cross cultural impact to business decisions.
* Lead organization development efforts including huge restructuring initiatives aligning with new operating model
* Educate and influence leaders to adapt quickly to organizational and segment specific shifts in direction; consider impacts on business unit and partner with leaders on communication and execution of outcomes needed to adjust to new state.
* Provide thought leadership - related to strategic delivery and based on unique on the ground perspective - to segment or company wide teams preparing change management plans for major talent-related initiatives
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree
* SPHR, CHRP, or GPHR desired
* MBA or MS in Human Resources strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* 7 years professional HR experience (experience in generalist, specialist, and client-facing roles preferred) in a corporate environment
* Possess strong financial and business acumen including budgeting, forecasting, and expense control.
* Proficient in MS Office, with particular expertise in Excel, and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint.
* Ability to consult to the entire HR Portfolio with an integrated perspective
* Demonstrated ability to consult, influence and partner with senior leaders in developing/executing people strategies to drive business performance
* Demonstrated relationship management skills at all levels of the organization
* Experience managing complex HR and financial projects
* Demonstrated success resolving complex HR issues. Has a working knowledge of employment law in the US and current HR trends; ability to use such knowledge proactively in consulting with clients.
* Ability to consult on application of policy and process as well as trends, themes, and solutions
* Ability to anticipate changes required within the business and to drive such changes in partnership with business leaders
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills, especially with senior level leaders
* Knowledge and experience using Workday (desirable but not required)
* Ability to facilitate training sessions virtually and in person for both managerial and leadership audiences
* Ability to build cost/benefit analysis to justify investment in HR and people strategies
* Ability to coach and mentor HRCC and less senior HRAs
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.