Customer Service Specialist II AON Edge 7/19/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-MT-Kalispell
Aon Is Looking For A Customer Service Specialist ll. As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our NFS Edge Private Products business group within Aon Affinity, in Kalispell, MT.
Under moderate supervision the Customer Service Specialist will be responsible for underwriting and processing private flood insurance documents in accordance with our carrier agreements, surplus lines rules and state regulations. Contact may be necessary with agents, other departments or carrier partners via telephone, email, or fax in order to obtain the necessary information needed to process the transaction.
Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Understand and apply pricing and underwriting rules and regulations to individual private flood insurance applications & policies with coordination as needed with the federal National Flood Insurance Program
* Process all insurance agent inquiries which may include:
* Applications, endorsements, cancellations, quotes, renewals, and written inquiries.
* Handle policies using knowledge of underwriting components including but not limited to:
* Elevation certificates; zone determinations; refunds; agent commissions; community numbers and discounts; emergency programs; severe repetitive loss; preferred risk properties; grandfathering; pre-firm; post-firm; rollovers; map revisions; policy date rules; disaster assistance.
* Process flood insurance policies using technical systems such as the IMS, FloodChoice, EZ Flood, Nautilus, FloodPro, Access Flood, FEMA website and public records.
* Determine the credibility of certain legal documents, loan closing documents, replacement cost documents, National Flood Insurance Program maps, and elevation data.
* Verify property eligibility based on line of business
* Communicate complex technical information to agents
* Meet minimum performance standards determined by Key Performance Indicators.
* Exhibit superior telephone service skills to control the call, build customer rapport, and address questions regarding Private Products as well as the NFIP rules and regulations.
* Work independently with moderate supervision as well as within a team environment.
* Communicate with other team members.
* Maintain an established level of productivity using time management techniques.
* Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday.
* 1+ year of office and/or administrative background.
* Customer Service experience including verbal/telephone skills.
* Insurance industry experience helpful.
Skills and Abilities:
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to maintain and display a positive attitude at all times, supporting business needs and changes.
* Ability to work with frequent and multiple policy, procedure, and regulation changes.
* Proficiency at keying alpha and numeric information with accuracy and speed.
* Knowledge of basic equipment functions, such as how to create and maintain files, printing, copying, faxing, phone messaging and voicemail.
HS Diploma required.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.