Safety Coordinator 7/19/2018
BYK USA, Inc.
Earth City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2 billion euros, we are one of the world s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most pro table chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
YOUR TASK STRUCTURE
The primary responsibility of the Safety Coordinator is the implementation and management of BYK safety policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and enforce OSHA policies and procedures.
* Direct accident investigation procedure
* Organize and conduct OSHA & Safety training
* Work with employees to coordinate, develop, implement, and monitor safety and environmental programs.
* Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations by understanding existing laws and rule, interpreting standards and enforcing adherence.
* Proactively identify risk and potential hazards in the work site.
* Advise and assist management in promoting a safe work environment.
* Develop and implement programs such as hearing conservation, respiratory protection, hazardous communication, SDS and others.
* Serve as primary investigator for property damage, accident, near miss and on the job injuries.
* Create, develop and coordinate safety training.
* Ensure all employees receive required safety training and maintain the employees history of required training.
* Provide new employee safety orientation, including an overview of safety programs and policies.
* Create and maintain record keeping systems to meet all OSHA and other regulatory agency requirements.
* Excellent oral and written skills
* Read, comprehend, and strictly adhere to ALL Safety Procedures.
* Read and comprehend Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
* Operate all equipment safely and efficiently as required.
* Attend and participate in all Company training sessions as required.
* Comprehend and apply safety information presented in Company training sessions.
* Comprehend and apply regulatory compliance information presented in Company training sessions.
* Comprehend and apply operational training information presented during Company training sessions.
* Work 5 (8) hour days per week and additional overtime as required by the supervisor.
* Review and recommend process changes to improve safety, quality, yield, and/or cycle time.
* Comply with all Company safety rules, work rules, policies and procedures.
* Maintain work area to meet sanitation standards of Company.
* Perform functions safely and timely as directed by supervisor.
* Maintain a professional attitude among co-workers and visitors to the facility.
* Perform other miscellaneous job functions as directed by your Supervisor.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Associates or Bachelor s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Safety management or related field or proven experience as Safety Coordinator desirable.
* OSHA certification is required
* Experience in implementing OSHA training programs.
* Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
* Manage multiple projects and programs
* Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
YOUR SPECTRUM OF ADVANTAGES
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: email@example.com
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00291
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Earth City, MO
Area of operations: Produktion / Fertigung