Technologist, Applied Development 7/19/2018
BYK USA, Inc.
Earth City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The ALTANA Group develops and manufactures high-quality, innovative specialty chemical products. With us, you can help shape many important details of the world of the future. Our four divisions BYK, ECKART, ELANTAS, and ACTEGA have set worldwide standards in their markets. Our innovative products enable companies to develop technologies of the future today, technologies that make life easier, safer, and more comfortable. With sales of more than 2 billion euros, we are one of the world s most innovative, fastest-growing, and most pro table chemical companies. We currently employ about 6,000 people who have good ideas for the world of the future. Discover your decisive plus for your future. Bringing you many advantages.
BYK Additives & Instruments is one of the world s leading suppliers in the field of additives and measuring instruments. Around the world, the additives of BYK ensure that coatings and plastics obtain precisely the desired properties and the correct quality.
TECHNOLOGIST, APPLIED DEVELOPMENT
YOUR TASK STRUCTURE
The Technologist is responsible for formulation of mixtures of plastic additives to provide experimental products which solve customer problems and to evaluate the performance of additive formulations in polymer processing equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for lab feasibility and optimization studies and scale up to pilot plant size runs of customer specific formulations. Takes initiative to determine best / most efficient route to solve customer problems.
* Responsible for shipping high-quality customer samples in a timely manner, in accordance with domestic and international regulations.
* Responsible for evaluating performance of additive formulations using polymer-processing and testing equipment, and reporting data from such studies.
* Drafts standard operating procedures and interfaces with operations to translate into production.
* Responsible for maintaining laboratory equipment.
* Responsible for working with, handling, shipping, ordering, and storing chemicals in a safe and environmentally-responsible manner as outlined in Material Safety Data Sheets, and in accordance with company and governmental regulations.
* Responsible for drafting work instructions for equipment operation and training newer Technologists.
* Special assignments, projects, and process improvement initiatives.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
* High school diploma required. Associates degree or two (2) years college chemistry preferred.
* At least two (2) years experience in the polymer and/or plastics industry, and knowledge of additive forming technologies
* Experience with polymer processing technologies would be very beneficial in this position
* Must be a hands-on individual, capable of conducting experiments and preparation of small and large-scale customer samples.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
* Mechanical aptitude
* Skilled in the use of computer applications including Word, Excel, database applications, and statistical data processing to create, compose and edit reports or presentations.
* Excellent planning, organization, decision making, problem solving and analytical abilities.
* Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
YOUR SPECTRUM OF ADVANTAGES
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction.
We invite you to get to know us better and to become part of our team. Discover your career plus in specialty chemistry. Please send us your application, preferably via our jobmarket www.altana.jobs or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALTANA AG and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job number: US00290
Legal entity: BYK USA Inc.
Location: Earth City, MO
Area of operations: Forschung & Entwicklung allgemein