Administrative Specialist 4 7/19/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
Insitu, a non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production, and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate products and services that positively impact people s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create much more than products with wings. On a daily basis, our Vision and Mission guide us, while our cultural pillars Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care inform our decisions in all that we do, and aspire to do. Job Description
Performs variety of administrative activities for the company's Chief Executive Officer. Establishes and maintains files, responds to inquiries, arranges conference rooms and sources equipment/supplies. Maintains schedules, prepares/disseminates correspondence, presentation materials, reports, and spreadsheets. Reviews drafts and finished documents for grammatical usage. Handles confidential and non-routine information and responds to questions relating to office operations, policies and procedures. Coordinates travel arrangements and obtains or prepares travel documentation. De-conflicts travel accommodations and schedules. Reconciles expenses and completes expense reports. Greets clients/visitors and coordinate visitor activities. Schedules and confirms appointments. Coordinates special events and meetings.
* Extensive knowledge in specialized functions. A wide and comprehensive acquaintance with, and understanding of, both general and specific aspects of the job and their practical application to complex problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
* Minimal supervision. Work may be done without established procedures.
* Errors are very difficult to detect and would normally require significant expenditures to resolve.
* Contacts are frequent with individuals representing outside organizations, and/or individuals of significant importance within the company. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications, require skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives of the communications.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to collect, organize and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
* Knowledgeable of how the business and organization operates; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and organization; understands the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Understands how to accomplish tasks both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations.
* Knowledge of the business travel process from purchasing travel through processing expenses.
* Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishes and maintains good working relationships.
* Skill in utilizing different communication materials (e.g., proposals, papers, user guides, reports, articles, promotional materials, brochures, web sites, presentations, speeches) to satisfy a variety of customer requirements and environments.
* Ability to gather, retain, and recall a variety of facts and data in written and/or verbal form for the achievement of work tasks and duties.
* Ability to utilize technological tools (e.g., PC's, web sites) and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data relevant to workloads, responsibilities, problem identifications and resolutions. Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware (e.g., personal computers, software, printers, storage media) and standard software (e.g., word processing, graphics packages, spreadsheets/databases).
* Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
* Deals effectively with others in an antagonistic situation: uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
* Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; is watchful over a period of time.
* Knowledge of research tools (e.g., search engines, library databases), methods (e.g., search parameters), and appropriate resources (e.g., external experts) to gather needed data.
* Ability to safeguard sensitive information.
Insitu is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans..
Additional Benefits9/80 work week (we close every other Friday)
Vancouver-->Bingen-->Hood River wifi enabled commuter bus
Dog friendly workplace -->