Production Manager 7/19/2018
Modular Space Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
ModSpace seeks an experienced Production Manager for our new Tooele, UT refurbishment facility supporting southwest and west coast operations.
Visit the ModSpace YouTube Channel for more about what we do!
Our Production Manager is responsible for managing the day to day production activities of a new plant team in areas related to demolition, refurbishment, and finish of modular assets to ensure maximum productivity and quality of plant product, including:
* Working closely with the Plant Manager and Purchasing & Inventory Manager to accurately forecast, schedule and staff plant work to meet output requirements
* Supervising functional foremen to ensure policy-compliant, cost-effective, high quality output from the trade staff
Ongoing day to day activities will include:
* Assisting in drafting production and staffing budgets to align with planned production capacity and goals
* Assisting in developing and maintaining policies and procedures required to implement, track and manage an efficient production schedule in assigned trade functions
* Participation in employee and contractor sourcing and qualification as required to ensure cost-effectiveness, skill and quality standards
* Selecting, developing and evaluating trade foremen and crew to ensure functional objectives are met, and ModSpace policies and procedures are followed
* Creating day to day production scheduling across and between assigned functional trades and handoffs/receipts from other functions as necessary
* Creating and implementing a communication or status mechanism between plant functions to adjust work flow and/or staffing and/or inventory in assigned functions to meet changes in production need while ensuring budgetary compliance
* Providing data, reports and analysis to support requests for information relative to assigned production areas and staffing
* Providing technical expertise as part of cross-functional management
A successful candidate must have:
* A Bachelor's degree
* OR 6 years of training and experience in construction or modular operations
* 5+ years of direct responsibility for production forecast, budget and implementation in a modular construction or trades intensive environment including demonstrated success managing a team to meet a production schedule within or under budget
* 5+ years of in-house and/or outsourced people management in the skilled trades arena
* Experience creating and implementing a process flow system/strategy in a plant or construction environment
* Experience in vendor/supplier selection and negotiation including drafting successful Requests for Proposals for construction or plant labor
* Proven experience coordinating production across a management structure
* Excellent and accurate interpersonal and communications skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Forklift, overhead crane, first aid, scissor lift, fall protection certifications - preferred but not required
All ModSpace team members must have:
* PC Proficiency in a Windows environment with MS Office Suite
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
* A drive to provide world-class customer service
* The highest levels of integrity
* An unwavering commitment to SAFETY
If you are a well-qualified candidate, please submit your resume in confidence today!
We provide a state-of-the-art, business casual office environment, in addition to a wide range of employee benefits:
* Paid Time Off 20 days per year to start (US) plus company holidays!
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
* Employee and Dependent Life Insurances
* Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurances
* 401(k) Plan with Match (US) / Defined Contribution Plan (Canada)
* Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical or Dependent Care Expenses (US)
* Supplemental benefit offerings such as health and wellness discount programs, will preparation services, affinity programs
A career with ModSpace offers professional development and opportunity with a stable and growing North American firm. Our mid-size means our employees enjoy the resources of a large company in an environment where they are highly visible and have a direct impact on performance.
Come build your future with ModSpace!
ModSpace believes diversity makes us a stronger organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, marital or family status, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, military or veteran status or any other legally protected condition or characteristic.
For more information about ModSpace, please visit www.modspace.com in the US or www.modspace.ca in Canada.