Legal Personnel Coordinator 7/19/2018
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
LEGAL PERSONNEL COORDINATOR
Job Locations US-NY-New York
Job ID 2018-1048
Human Resources/Benefits/Legal Personnel
* Coordinate all the details related to the onboarding of lateral associates and international attorneys into the Firm. This includes the collection of paperwork and preparation of orientation schedules and materials.
* Coordinate the documentation of the lateral and annual associate and counsel performance review processes in ViEval and the department s tracking charts; gather attorney feedback; monitor the status of completion; distribute files to practice groups; and coordinate meetings with the practice groups for summary review.
* Liaise with outside immigration counsel to obtain necessary work authorization for associates; track all associates who are on visas; maintain immigration and Public Access files.
* Work with First Year Associate onboarding team; process reimbursements and employment verifications; assist with Orientation.
* Maintain personnel records in Workday, responsible for processing changes in attorneys employment status.
* Coordinate attorney events sponsored by the Firm s Associate Life Committee and annually recurring events, including scheduling, ordering catering, invitations, and tracking RSVPs.
* Maintain the Legal Personnel intranet site and Attorney Handbook; manage Seamless accounts; assist in departmental budget tracking.
* Other responsibilities as they are assigned
* A Bachelor s degree and 3 or more years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
* Prior Law Firm experience and experience with ViEval strongly preferred. Experience with Workday a plus.
* Strong computer skills, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook required.
* Excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
* Must be detail-oriented.
* Self-starter & ability to work under limited supervision.
* Positive, flexible attitude; team player.
* Must have strong oral and written communication skills in order to effectively interact with attorneys
* Must have the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
* Must be flexible and available for overtime as needed