Associate, Corporate Governance 7/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-PA-Philadelphia
Aon is looking for an Associate, Corporate Governance
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting the Talent, Reward & Performance consulting practice in Philadelphia, PA.
Your impact as an Associate, Corporate Governance
The global business environment grows more challenging by the day, with the increasing role of technology, environmental/social/governance issues, and pressure to perform and produce results in the short term all playing a part. The focus on boards of directors, how they conduct themselves and the decisions they make has never been higher, especially by shareholders.
Aon Governance advises companies ranging from Fortune 500 firms to technology, biotech and financial services firms to private companies on the complete range of corporate governance and executive compensation issues. We counsel companies on how their institutional shareholders view their boards of directors and their corporate governance and executive compensation practices. We also partner with Aon s executive compensation consultants and equity services teams to provide the most comprehensive advice and services to our clients.
The Associate, Corporate Governance will be a key member of Aon Governance s Legal/Regulatory team. The position is in Philadelphia, PA. You will report to, and collaborate with, more senior members of the team to advise clients and colleagues and will assist with:
* Drafting and reviewing Compensation Discussion and Analysis (CD&A), compensation tables and other proxy statement sections for the institutional investor and proxy advisor audience
* Drafting incentive plans, award agreements, employment agreements, severance plans, etc.
* Consulting on the application of securities, tax, stock exchange, and proxy advisory firm provisions to situations or proposals
* Recommending nonemployee director compensation limits and provisions
* Consulting on the application of proxy advisory firm voting guidelines and ISS QualityScore results
* Providing governance reviews of compensation plans and programs
* Consulting on ESG (environmental, social, governance) matters
* Providing advice regarding employee stock purchase plans (ESPPs)
* Consulting on clawback policies, stock ownership guidelines and Section 16 aspects of compensation and other matters
* Performing compensation risk assessments
* Assisting with board of directors and committee self-evaluations
* Counseling on CEO pay ratio analysis and disclosure
* Performing research on a variety of corporate governance, legal and other matters
This position requires less than 10% travel.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* JD, MBA or BA with strong academic record in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Corporate Finance or related subjects
* 1+ years experience handling corporate governance, securities law and/or executive compensation and benefits matters
* Creative, innovative team player with positive attitude who displays sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
* Strong research skills
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, as well as aptitude for creating effective messaging through graphic design
* Knowledge of ISS Governance Analytics and Proxy Insight a plus
* Strong analytical skills
* Interest in financial markets and ability to quickly grasp financial concepts
* Ability to communicate effectively in presentations and express complex strategies in an organized and articulate manner
* Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines, including ability to work under pressure and multi-task
* Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
* Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level executives and business clients
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.