Analyst-Liquid Alternatives 7/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for an Analyst-Liquid Alternatives
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Investment Consuting practice in Chicago.
* Assist with due diligence on potential new additions to the manager platform.
* Help with on-going diligence on covered funds, including tracking returns and measuring them against the appropriate benchmark.
* Take part in manager meetings and complete write-ups of meeting notes.
* Use risk systems to aid in the production of reports for client s quarterly meetings.
* Assist with portfolio construction meetings and track them through completion of tasks.
* Aid in memorializing the diligence and approval process for funds brought forward for approval.
* Provide support for assigned client and research responsibilities as needed.
* Identify and aid in creative industry research projects.
* Apply good judgment and appropriate follow-through with firm employees, investment managers, trustees and clients. Demonstrate initiative and ownership of client and research related work.
* Efficiently manage internal resources to allow for effective handling of multiple projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
* Maintain Buy List
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise:
* 0-3 years of work experience, preferably gained at an investment consultant, fund of hedge funds, family office, or endowment or foundation.
* Holder of a good base of knowledge of the financial markets and has a strong interest increasing their investment aptitude.
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Solid software skills with intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
* Currently a Chartered Financial Analyst or is in the Chartered Financial Analyst Program.
* Interested in researching and learning about hedge fund strategies and styles and how they fit in client portfolios.
* Bachelor s degree in Finance, Accounting, Ecconomics, or Business is required.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.