Gage Calibration Technician 7/20/2018
Sig Sauer, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GAGE CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN
Category: Quality Control
Location: Newington, NH
SIG SAUER world renowned firearms are the weapons of choice for many of the premier global military, law enforcement and commercial users. In our world-class facilities, we build the toughest, most precise rifles, pistols, suppressors, optics, ammunition, and air guns, while offering the finest firearms training all as a fully integrated system. We do this because we share the same drive to be the best, the same love of freedom, the same unwillingness to compromise as those who choose SIG.
For over 100 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved and thrived by blending American ingenuity with German engineering and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community.
The tremendous growth of SIG SAUER has fueled outstanding opportunities for experienced professionals to join our team. See what you can do when you aim higher!
We currently have an opportunity for a Gage Calibration Technician to join our team at our Headquarters in Newington New Hampshire.
Tests, calibrates, and repairs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and assists in formulating calibration standards by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment.
* Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
* Disassembles instruments and equipment and inspects components for defects.
* Measures parts for conformity with specifications using measuring standards.
* Aligns, repairs, replaces, and balances component parts and circuitry.
* Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
* Devises formulas to solve problems in measurements and calibrations.
* Assists engineers in formulating test, calibration, repair, and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment.
Experience and Education required:
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and associated tolerances.
* Basic understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School diploma and 5 years experience in gage calibration or inspection or quality assurance.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
Other Qualifications: Strong analytical and math skills.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. Apply