Software Tester (1177) 7/20/2018
Obsidian Solutions Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Software Tester
Primary Location: Dahlgren, VA, US
Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
Security Clearance: Secret
This position is contingent upon award
The Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Electromagnetic and Sensor Systems Department (B Department) supports multiple Navy and Marine Corps Systems. B Department provides Systems expertise across the entire acquisition Life-Cycle from concept exploration through sustainment of Navy and Marine Corps Systems. Support personnel will provide Information Technology Support Services on-site at NSWCDD, test facilities, Prime Contractor facilities, and in the field. These activities are conducted in support of the U.S. Navy, Foreign Navies, Coalition Forces, Multi-National and Multi-Agency Naval and DoD sponsors. The support shall be provided in the general work area of Software Engineering with the exact scope determined by the individual Technical Instruction.
* Will be assigned software elements of B Department sensor systems to design and develop using established B Department processes and procedures. For each element assigned, using top-level requirements provided by the Government, the Contractor shall perform tasks in conformance with B Department software development plans, processes, policies, procedures, and schedules. Each software product, including commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) developmental software, shall be under configuration control.
* Generate and debug assigned software code elements.
* Generate and implement unit level test procedures.
* Document test plans and procedures in Developer Test Descriptions (DTDs).
* Perform software element integration test prior to release of the software to the appropriate B Department Software Integration Engineering function.
* Generate and perform capability test procedures in order to verify complete functional coverage of all new/modified code.
* Generate procedures and scripts and perform automated testing.
* Prepare and submit a correction package for all assigned defects, anomalies, and enhancements. The correction package shall define proposed code changes and test plans. Upon approval and completion of the correction, assist in documenting the results of the testing.
* Generate and maintain development schedules consistent with the Government s master schedule. The schedule shall track tasks at the lowest element using the tools specified by B Department.
* Conform to Quality Assurance (QA) and Software Integration Engineering programs in the development and documentation of assigned source code as defined in Government furnished process documentation.
* Review and provide input for design and code inspections of elements developed by other personnel (Government or Contractors). Inspection summary artifacts shall be stored in the progress tracking tool repository or the appropriate project System Engineering Development Folder (SEDF) space.
* Investigate defects in all phases of testing and integration as it relates to software development. Conduct unit level and capability testing on each new or modified software module to determine compliance with the applicable technical, operations, and performance specifications.
* Develop integration procedures and support integration of successfully tested modules into integrated builds prior to release of software to the appropriate B Department Software Integration Engineering function. During all phases of testing, defects, anomalies, and enhancements shall be documented to identify problems with controlled software and/or documentation. Defects, anomalies and enhancements with assessments shall be documented during software.
* Monitor and evaluate software performance characteristics during the software development and test phases to ensure the orderly and efficient growth and refinement of the software capabilities, e.g. measurement of computer processor time usage, Random Access Memory (RAM) usage, disk space usage, and network loading/throughput during maximum Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI) loading conditions.
Knowledge and Skills
* All personnel shall be highly proficient in using basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
Experience and Education
* A Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following fields of study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Physics.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Normal office environment
* Minimal travel expected
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.