Software Configuration Manager (1179) 7/20/2018
Obsidian Solutions Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Software Configuration Manager
Primary Location: Dahlgren, VA, US
Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
Security Clearance: Secret
This position is contingent upon award
The Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) Electromagnetic and Sensor Systems Department (B Department) supports multiple Navy and Marine Corps Systems. B Department provides Systems expertise across the entire acquisition Life-Cycle from concept exploration through sustainment of Navy and Marine Corps Systems. Support personnel will provide Information Technology Support Services on-site at NSWCDD, test facilities, Prime Contractor facilities, and in the field. These activities are conducted in support of the U.S. Navy, Foreign Navies, Coalition Forces, Multi-National and Multi-Agency Naval and DoD sponsors. The support shall be provided in the general work area of Software Engineering with the exact scope determined by the individual Technical Instruction.
* Identify and maintain change control and tracking of all configuration items associated with the B Department programs.
* Use code management tools as utilized by the Government (such as GIT) to assure that change control functions are properly implemented on software for UNIX, Linux, and PC based systems.
* Use MS office products to assure that status accounting functions are properly implemented on documentation, COTS and Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) for products associated to B Department programs.
* Perform CSCI compiles and system installations.
* Produce System Installation Documentation Procedures for each software release. Software files to be updated shall be made available to software engineers.
* Perform configuration and version control of all tactical and support hardware and
* software. This includes generating or duplicating official release media and supporting material.
* Generate test media for software verification test events, for integration agent test events and to trouble shoot/duplicate reported fleet issues.
* Establish quality assurance procedures for software releases to ensure that the all files are written correctly to the distribution media and that the proper version of the software is released to appropriate activities.
* Identify and implement improvements including development of shell scripts.
* Provide schedule and status information for development and release efforts and shall resolve action items resulting from these meetings.
* Generate status accounting reports and special reports.
* Provide problem tracking using COTs/GOTs software applications associated to B Department programs.
* Provide data management using COTs/GOTs software applications associated to B Department programs.
Knowledge and Skills
* All personnel shall be highly proficient in using basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office.
Experience and Education
* A Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university, and 2 years of configuration management experience
* OR High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), and 5 years of software configuration management experience.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Configuration Management (CM) process and procedures required to identify, document, and control the functional and physical characteristics of a configuration item.
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience with the application of CM methodologies and DOD Configuration Control Board (CCB) processes.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Normal office environment
* Minimal travel expected
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.