STAFF TO MID-LEVEL ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER/SCIENTIST/GEOLOGIST 7/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
STAFF TO MID-LEVEL ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER/SCIENTIST/GEOLOGIST
Versar is seeking Staff to Senior-Level Environmental Engineers/Scientists/Geologists to support our Springfield, VA or Denver, CO office locations. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and the desire to strengthen and broaden existing capabilities in the environmental field through training and hands-on experience. This position is organized under Versar s Environmental Services Group supporting the Remediation Technical Service Area (TSA) with work in the federal/Department of Defense sector (Air Force, USACE, Army, Navy, National Guard Bureau).
Primary duties and responsibilities include apply current knowledge and skills, as well as gaining experience and expertise, in the following areas (consistent with prior work experience):
* Conducting soil and groundwater sampling and data analysis/evaluation at RCRA/CERCLA facilities across the U.S.
* Providing remediation system oversight, Operations & Maintenance/Remedial Action-Operations (O&M/RA-O), and long-term monitoring (LTM).
* Borehole logging and monitoring well installation, high resolution site characterization (HRSC MIP/LIF/HPT/EC), and advanced site investigation techniques. Performing background research, gathering information and interpreting laboratory and field data to support technical activities. Preparing reports and draw comparison of results with similar analysis.
* The design and use of in situ chemical oxidation (ISCO), in situ chemical reduction (ISCR), in situ enhanced biological (ISEB) remediation, and other site-specific remediation techniques.
* Preparation of field and progress reports, work plans, inspection reports, and other basic scientific reports and technical writing with support from senior staff. Preparation of RI/FS, RFI/CMS, RD/RA Work Plans, and other related technical reports consistent with experience.
* Applying and/or gaining subject matter expertise (SME) for the analysis, design, installation, and operation of treatment strategies for wastes in soil, groundwater, air, sediment, drinking water, and acquiring treatment expertise to protect human health and the environment. Understand and apply the use of risk-based remediation techniques including EPC and UCL-95.
* Contributing to Remedial Investigations, Feasibility Studies and Remedial Designs at hazardous waste sites.
* Familiarity with federal and state environmental regulations and requirements.
* Interacting with client and regulatory agencies through participation in meetings and teleconferences.
* Supporting efforts to write scopes of work and develop cost estimates and integrated schedules associated with remediation projects.
* May support other office activities related to environmental engineering consulting operations such as client interactions, preparation of statements of qualifications, compiling meeting minutes, and working on proposal teams.
*Technical writing samples from proposals and projects may be requested for consideration.
* Bachelor s degree in Chemical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering, Geology, or related field (e.g., biology or chemistry) - Candidate should also be committed to pursuing a professional, credentialed path (e.g., PE, PG) if not already registered/licensed. Master s Degree preferred.
* Proficiency with MS Office applications and ability to conduct complex data analysis in Microsoft Excel. Working experience with, or ability to embrace use of Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Flow, SharePoint, etc.
* Strong analytical and data management skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and capable of obtaining government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC).
*Candidates should have 3-10+ years of working experience in the environmental field.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Refer a Friend
Refer a Friend for This Job
Versar, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Versar does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law