Senior Account Executive 7/21/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-MA-Boston
Aon is looking for an Sr. Account Executive
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our General Industry Practice business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Boston, MA. As an Account Executive III, you will report directly to the Resident Managing Director.
Your impact as an Sr. Account Executive
* Responsible for leading talent development and driving growth for the assigned team.
* Accountable to deliver retention, rollover and new business goals for the assigned team.
* Through leadership, role modeling, coaching and mentoring, the Account Executive (AE) Team Leader drives individual goal achievement by AE team members. Always promotes the value Aon delivers to clients, particularly through Client Promise.
* Performs as a player/coach, with the Account Executive Team Leader also performing an Account Executive II or Account Executive III role on their own book of business.
* Supports assigned Account Executives achieve and sustain effective alignment with the Aon Leadership Model and its pillars of Client Value, Unmatched Teams, Innovation, Results and Values.
* Helps assigned Account Executives establish clear roles, responsibilities and performance expectations for their client service teams.
* Monitors assigned AEs clients satisfaction, particularly through Client Promise Survey feedback. Monitors performance and suggests changes in Account Executive assignments and the composition of service teams as appropriate.
* Works with AE Leader on succession planning on key clients and AEs as well as Account Executive and Account Specialist recruiting and talent pipeline.
* Educates assigned Account Executives (particularly Account Executive I and Account Executives new to Aon) directly and by assisting with training plans in client management, risk management, insurer interface and Aon resources and processes.
* Ensures ARS tools are understood and used (including, but not limited to GRIP, Client Promise, Knowledge Exchange, Aon Value Exchange, Time Tracking, Salesforce.com.
* Helps assigned Account Executives appropriate Aon resources to support retention and sales efforts and to assist clients in unusual circumstances such as large claims, etc.
* Helps resolve internal issues with geographies, practices, Aon Client Services (ACS), and other groups or people as needed.
* Drives and monitors assigned Account Executives implementation of the entire Client Promise cycle. Ensures adherence to Client Promise Methodology, particularly the key elements of the renewal process.
* Ensures assigned AEs consistently adhere to the Client Promise Standards for key tasks and deliverables to clients, including Client Promise Plans, Client Promise Review/ Stewardships, Renewal Strategy Meetings and Renewal Proposals.
* Assists assigned AEs with strategy and negotiation of client fees, ensuring Aon s value is clearly communicated as the driver of fee-setting.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 10+ years of insurance experience
* At least 2 years experience in a leadership role.
* Prepares realistic operational plans, timelines and budgets.
* Manages projects effectively by monitoring progress against plans and budgets.
* Builds and leads a high-performance Team and provides structure and direction to facilitate the completion of Team objectives
* Bachelor s degree and equivalent years of industry experience.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.