Field Services Consultant - Fire Protection 7/21/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Virtual
Aon is looking for a Field Service Consultant - Property Fire Protection
Location: Chicago, IL - Virtual - Work from Home
The successful candidate can expect to work with a skilled Risk Consultant to develop an understanding of the many property risks posed by fire, earthquake, flood, and other Natural Catastrophes. They will assist in making recommendations to the clients which will reduce the Total Cost of Risk (TCOR) of the client s property portfolio.
This is a consultant level position on the project management/leadership track.
* Perform property risk control/underwriting surveys for various clients in diverse industries.
* Witness hydrant and fire pump flow tests, sketch sprinkler systems, and carry out hydraulic calculations.
* Survey client facilities for fire, smoke, and other property loss potential. Develop loss expectancies for recommendations and MFL & PML.
* Consult with clients on ways to control hazards in order to reduce or prevent losses. Influence clients to implement recommendations.
* B.S. in Engineering or minimum 5 yrs of Highly Protected Risk engineering/consulting experience
* Technically proficient in understanding, interpreting, and applying NFPA and/or FM Global standards; and, evaluating fire protection systems (automatic sprinklers, special extinguishing systems, etc.)
* Ideal candidate is self-sufficient, organized, and has good written and oral communication skills
* Must be physical fit and able to climb ladders and stairs and transition to and from ladders or stairs in order to access building roof areas and upper or lower floors within a customer site during risk control surveys.
* Past experience with, and ability to assess high hazard occupancies (flammable liquids, combustible dusts, etc) is a plus
* Travel more than 75 miles from the office is expected 50% of the time
* Ability to work from home
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.