Housekeeping Manager 7/21/2018
Bridgestreet Global Hospitality
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
The primary responsibility of the Housekeeping Manager is to contribute to the overall success of BridgeStreet, by assuring that every apartment is maintained in accordance with the BridgeStreet quality of cleaning standards. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training of the cleaning staff. In addition, inventory control, warehouse organization, ordering and strong communication with other departments. This position requires and individual who can align themselves and their day-to-day functions with our Vision and Core Values. This position would also be cross trained in Reservations and Guest Experience to assist the team in times of need.
**** THE HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER MUST WORK THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULE****
Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Hours are 8am-5pm - must have a valid drivers license and vehicle.
Preparation of Housekeeping Schedule
* Review expected arrivals and departures.
* Special requirements pertaining to the guest or apartment.
* Vacation and holidays.
* Input from cleaning staff regarding additional cleaning due to long stays, or extreme wear and tear on the apartment.
* Prepare individual weekly housekeeping schedules, and type of clean.
* Schedule inspections.
* Monitor "hours" and earned "credits" on cleaning staff.
* Complete payroll on housekeeping staff.
Training of Housekeeping Personnel
* Introduce cleaning standards, customer service, inventory control and administrative procedures.
* Use Housekeeping manual to train on checklists, forms, demonstrations, minimum standards, policies and procedures.
* Observe trainees, give appropriate feedback, assess results. Monitor areas for improvement in the workforce.
Guest Reference Material
* Ensure that each property and apartment has sufficient inventory of marketing and guest reference materials, including guest directory BridgeStreet advertising pieces, laminated instruction cards, and welcome letters. Replace all items as needed. Spot check apartments and staff making sure that each employee is in compliance with the minimum standards. Review inventory forms completed by housekeepers, and complete orders.
* Upon each visit to a unit, and also complying with the operating minimum standards, guest request, or senior management, apartments are to be inspected using the company inspection form. Units are to be checked for housekeeping, maintenance, refurbishing and inventory. Ongoing inspections must be done to promote a proactive approach to maintaining BridgeStreet standards at all properties.
* Housekeeping Managers are to be placed in the on-call rotation to respond to after hour's maintenance or guest emergencies. Emergencies are to be resolved to the guest satisfaction. All after hour's emergencies are to be logged and submitted to the General Manager on a daily basis for ways to eliminate service problems in the future.
* Ensure availability of items such as cribs; rollways; playpens etc., as per guest request. Maintain or replace items as needed.
Additional Apartment Cleaning
* Schedule carpet-cleaning, painting, replacement in accordance with departure dates. Arrange to have work completed on off-market days. Utilize property staff or off site service if absolutely necessary.
Maintain Property Inventory
* Maintain constant communication with housekeeping staff regarding apartment contents and furnishing replacement. Establish, maintain and control inventory records. Identify all apartment contents (Including style and color), condition of items, and replacement dates.
* Receive Semi monthly time sheets from the housekeepers. Verify times, credit hours, and amounts recorded. Prepare payroll summary for the Guest Service Manager.
* Attend meetings, contribute to budget process, report to management as required, and perform to all reasonably requested tasks from time to time.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
* Minimum of 2 years hospitality experience is a plus
* Excellent communication skills required
* Prior supervisory experience is a plus
* Ideal candidate is available to work a flexible schedule that will include early mornings, afternoons and evenings without restrictions on days/holidays/weekends.
* Support team to reach department goals.
* Must have ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
* Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
* Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by superiors
* High school Diploma/ GED or equivalent preferred
* Educational background in hospitality or related field preferred.
Number of Employees supervised (approx): 5-12
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.