Coordinator, Gift Processing - New York, NY 7/21/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Coordinator, Gift Processing will be part of the Development team and in collaboration with Finance, support the processing of gifts from individual, institutional, and corporate donors.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Manage daily donations received by WNET departments; evaluate, sort and total all donations made to WNET on a daily basis in order to create daily gift batches. Process unrestricted and restricted gifts and pledges in a timely and accurate fashion to adhere to industry practice of 48-hour turnaround receipting/acknowledgment policy.
* Review gift inputting to determine if the gift recording is being entered correctly. Ensure that donor gifts are placed in the proper accounts. Review pledge payment schedules and send out reminders. Serve as a liaison for the development team to work collaboratively with the Finance Department to ensure the proper accounts are established and gifts are properly designated.
* Process corporate matching gifts for submission to the Finance; process and enter matching gifts into the database when they are received, verified, and prepared for processing.
* Produce various reports including daily gifts updates for WNET and NJTV; corporate underwriting and trustee giving among others.
* Proficiency with databases and experience producing reports;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills including ability to analyze gifts,
* Ability to learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly and efficiently;
* Must maintain financial and statistical record-keeping techniques;
* Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented;
* Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills;
* Ability to work with individuals from across the organization, as well as with senior management;
* BA/BS or equivalent experience.
WNET is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.