Electronic Technician - Cyclotron 7/21/2018
Maryland Heights, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT CURIUM:
Curium was formed in 2017 through the union of IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC. Curium is a world-class nuclear medicine solutions provider with over 100 years of combined industry experience. We are proud to service over 14 million patients worldwide each year and strive to provide best-in-class quality products and exceptional, reliable service.
Our diverse group of industry experts is unified under one strong and singular focus to develop, manufacture and supply SPECT, PET and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals to customers around the globe. In fact, we have over 6,000 customers in over 70 countries world-wide.
At Curium, every single dose counts in helping doctors and patients diagnose and treat disease. That means every single employee counts toward meeting this unified objective to help each patient live Life Forward . We have an amazing team that lives by our core values every single day integrity, commitment and collaboration. Our North American headquarters is in Maryland Heights, MO. Come grow with us!
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is part of a small shift team that must frequently work independently and with limited supervision. This position is responsible for performing routine and non-routine cyclotron (particle accelerator) equipment operations and maintenance tasks necessary to produce bulk radiopharmaceuticals according to internal customer needs. Responsible for the timely response to and communication of any abnormal equipment conditions to shift coordinator and/or other department leadership, and assisting with troubleshooting and repairs as necessary. Serves as a backup to the Cyclotron Ops-Maint Coordinator and his/her associated duties.
Rotating shift which includes 40% weekends, 60% evening/nights, and most holidays with occasional overtime.
* Performs general troubleshooting for operations of cyclotrons and support equipment.
* Performs routine maintenance and repairs of cyclotrons and support equipment with minimal to no instructions.
* Performs special and advanced maintenance and repairs of cyclotrons and support equipment with general instructions.
* Performs scheduled start-ups and shutdowns of cyclotrons.
* Performs target loading, installation, and transport activities.
* Operates and monitors cyclotrons and support systems during target irradiation.
* Monitors cyclotrons during standby conditions.
* Must frequently communicate with the Cyclotron Chemistry department personnel to coordinate cyclotron daily production activities.
* Must actively manage personal radiation exposure per prescribed policies, procedures, and guidelines.
* Performs record keeping of cyclotron performance and operations data.
* Performs record keeping of maintenance and repair work performed.
* Serves as backup for Cyclotron Ops-Maint Shift Coordinator responsibilities.
* Serves as a backup backshift emergency manager for after hours emergencies on site.
* Performs collateral duties and special projects independently as assigned by shift coordinator, and/or other department leadership.
* 2 year degree in Electronics from either a college or technical/vocational school, or equivalent training from Armed Forces training schools required.
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience in component level electronics troubleshooting and repairs required.
* Experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing the following: solid state and vacuum tube based electronics, analog and digital circuits, logic circuits/PLCs, high power RF systems (high HF through low VHF ranges), high voltage DC power equipment, electro-mechanical systems, and vacuum systems (mechanical, cryogenic, and/or diffusion pumps).
* Experience working around ionizing radiation sources, pneumatics and hydraulics.
* Good mechanical inclination and proficiencies, technical troubleshooting skills with and without schematics.
* Ability to perform large scale troubleshooting with system components spread across multiple areas, and the ability to perform circuit board repair and basic soldering.
* Ability to use a variety of general purpose test equipment and bench test electronic system components.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS / SCOPE:
* Member of a two person shift team.
* Direct report to the Cyclotron Operations Production Supervisor.
* Dotted line reporting relationship to his/her Cyclotron Ops-Maint Coordinator and the Cyclotron Engineering Specialists.
* Must be willing to wear a variety of personal protective equipment.
* Willingness to work in a team based environment.
* Close attention to detail required.
* May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
* Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
* Willingness to work in plant producing radioactive materials and requiring all employees to participate in safety programs designed to minimize potential and/or actual exposure levels.
* Frequent handling of radioactive cyclotron components.
* Frequent work around high voltages.
* Frequent climbing of stairs and ladders.
* Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
* Responsibilities also include the ability to lift, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs without accommodation.
* Must possess good hand-eye coordination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Curium is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Curium is an equal opportunity employer and believes everyone deserves respect, dignity and equality. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.