Analyst Income Tax 7/21/2018
Energy Transfer Partners
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare federal, state and local tax returns, including related schedules, work papers and reports;
- Calculate estimated tax payments for tax paying entities;
- Prepare draft and/or check requests for payment of taxes and code payments to the correct general ledger accounts;
- Reconcile income tax related accounts on the general ledger;
- Research and respond to state tax notices and inquiries from taxing authorities;
- Prepare state apportionment for partnership and corporate entities
- Calculate monthly tax accruals for federal, state and foreign taxes; and
- Work on special projects as needed
Required education or minimum level:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related degree;
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- 2 - 5 years prior experience in corporate and/or partnership income tax compliance;
- Experience performing tax research using tax research services such as CCH, RIA, BNA, etc; and
- Ability to work with customers, project managers, accounting personnel and taxing authorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is required;
- Knowledge of corporate or partnership tax preparation software packages (Insource, GoRS, ProSystem, etc) is preferred.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Driving, walking, standing frequently.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications